Incomming attachments are multi-part MIME and shown as text

Incomming attachments are multi-part MIME and shown as text

Post by Frank Dask » Fri, 23 Feb 2001 01:24:33

Attachments in inbound mail are shown as text like

***********
------=_NextPart_000_2e62_483e_5a05

format=flowed;

name="INSTLOG.TXT"

filename="INSTLOG.TXT"

**************

in all clients (Outlook, Outlook Express).

What to change in Exchange Server ? I know there is an internal conversion

in E2K.

1. MIME: attachments shown as plain text

My mail users see attachments, not indicated by paperclips as usual, but as
large chunks of incomprehensible text inside the bodies of their emails.
Each attachment preceded by appropriate MIME headers. Also each email starts
showing all headers, even those that aren't usually shown. Looks like Oulook
does't know how to interpret a MIME message and therefore just showing it as
it is... just the raw code.
We use Exchange 2000 (SP3) as part of SBS 2000. Email clients tried: Outlook
2002, Outlook Express, Oulook Web Access (just the browser, pointing at
Exchange). All three clients showed this same phenomenon.
Also remarkable: old messages imported into this (newly installed) Exchange
mailboxes look quite allright, also those that have attachments look right.
Only the newly received messages (received by this new 2000 installation of
Exchange) have this problem. We previously were using Exchange 5.5, needless
to say.

Any suggestions? What might be the cause?
What to try next? Anybody seen it before and survived to tell us about it?

Wolter

2. Exchange Migration

3. MIME headers showing and attachments appear as text

4. Public folders issue

5. multi-part MIME

6. Server Spec ProLiant 7000 (Cluster?) For Exchange Your Thoughts Please!

7. Send a multi-part message via mime format

8. Binding exchange to a certain ip

9. Send multi-part Mime format messages

10. Plain text messages getting sent as MIME attachment by SMTP connector

11. MIME Attachments arrive as text

12. Plain text messages getting sent as MIME attachment by SMTP connector

13. I am sorry...It is the remaining part of the program