Help on Exchange Server Event Script ?

Post by Sigurdur Hilmarsso » Thu, 12 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
I need help for the Exchange Server Event Script.  I want to perform an
action once a month and when a custom date field in a custom form (item) is
lesser than the current date, the item should be moved to another folder.
This is one amongs other things I need to do with the Event Script.
I have a lot of experience in VBScipt for Outlook forms and I am of course
using Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 8.03.

I haven't found any help about this Event Script handler so any help is
needed here

Thanks,

Sigurdur Hilmarsson

Help on Exchange Server Event Script ?

Post by Wesley Peace [MVP » Thu, 12 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Have you checked the information contained in the readme file that ships
with the server? Also two help files agent.hlp and cdo.hlp have been placed
in the \exchsrvr\bin directory to assist with working with the product.  The
agent.hlp file contains sample code.

Thomas Rizzo wrote an excellent article on Event Scripting that can be found
at http://www.microsoft.com/msdn/news/devnews/novdec97/eventscr.htm this
contains some sample code as well.

Microsoft BackOffice/Exchange MVP

He who has a why can endure any how. -Friedrich Nietzsche

>Hi,
>I need help for the Exchange Server Event Script.  I want to perform an
>action once a month and when a custom date field in a custom form (item) is
>lesser than the current date, the item should be moved to another folder.
>This is one amongs other things I need to do with the Event Script.
>I have a lot of experience in VBScipt for Outlook forms and I am of course
>using Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 8.03.

>I haven't found any help about this Event Script handler so any help is
>needed here

>Thanks,

>Sigurdur Hilmarsson

1. Exchange Event Scripting Help

I am trying to setup a event script and routing map to route departmental
time cards.  I am using the Exchange Routing Wizard to setup the script and
map.

Each department is setup as a distribution list with the route going to the
list manager then finishing at the HR manager(always same person).

I am getting the following event log errors:

Event ID 17:
The handle "NAME OF AGENT" could not be created.

Event ID 16:
Unexpected error 0x80040154 occured during processing of time-based events.

Everything seems to work fine if I use a simple script.

Thanks in advance

Jason

2. Retrieve all e-mail addresses from inbox

3. Exchange event service script-Help

4. Forwarding unresolved named

5. Server Scripting and MSExchange Event Service on Windows 2000 Server

6. Offline Folders and Outlook..how to setup on exchange.

7. cdo 1.2.1 - Exchange Server (5.5) event scripting problem

8. Exchange server and external POP3 mailboxes

9. Exchange Event Scripting agent on server.......

10. Accessing Exchange Server using Event Scripting

11. Converting server side event scripting from Exchange 5.5 to 2000

12. Event Script Errors - which script???

13. Event Script Errors - which script is that???