Move mailboxes to server in another forest

Move mailboxes to server in another forest

Post by Fay Youn » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 10:17:43

I am running an evaluation copy of Exchange 200 Enterprise
server on a test server in a test forest.  I am going to
install Exchange 2000 server in another forest and need to
move the client information from the test environment to
the production invironment.  The tree and client names
will be the same.  What is the best way to move the
clients information from the old server to the new server?

Move mailboxes to server in another forest

Post by Alle » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 12:48:13

Quote:> I am running an evaluation copy of Exchange 200 Enterprise
> server on a test server in a test forest.  I am going to
> install Exchange 2000 server in another forest and need to
> move the client information from the test environment to
> the production invironment.  The tree and client names
> will be the same.  What is the best way to move the
> clients information from the old server to the new server?

Move mailboxes to server in another forest

Post by TEC » Thu, 13 Dec 2001 06:21:36

One way would be to use the Mailbox Migration Wizard included in Exchange
2000 SP2.  It will allow you to migrate mailboxes from one forest to
another.  Otherwise you could try following the "Offline backup and restore"
article.  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q296788