Help::Custom Field in programmatically creating new item

Help::Custom Field in programmatically creating new item

Post by Neo » Tue, 20 Nov 2001 22:15:39

Hi all,

I'v a custom outlook contact form having a number of custom fields. it has
some fields with prepopulated data. It's working fine inside Microsoft
Outook.
Now, I want to create a new contact item using VB code. This new contact
item should be based on my custom outlook form so that i cud open it using
the custom form from Outlook. I'm able to do all this but, the prepopulated
custom fields have no value. also, when i check the properties of the newly
created contact item using WSS explorer..it doesn't contain any custom
properties that i made for Custom form. why is this behaviour. do i need to
add all the custom fields to this contact while creating??? if i have to add
all these programmatically, i'll have problem in assigning values to custom
fields that are prepopulated.

pl help
Tx

1. CDO custom fields in a programmatically created message

Here is the problem that I am having. I am wondering if somebody has solved
it already.

I am creating a post to a public folder. The form was designed in OL97 8.03
and has user defined fields. These fields are not accessible if the form is
created programmatically before I post the form.

Even more interesting, the fields are not accessible when the form resides
in the folder until I open the formin the  Outlook, put some values in the
user-defined fields and save it. After that everything runs just great, but
it is not a solution.

All input will be greatly appreciated.

2. X.400 - Exchange 5.5 SP4

3. Creating custom reports on custom fields added to contacts within Outlook/Exchange

4. Exchange 2K, retrieving POP mail

5. Outlook Custom Form does not display Custom Actions if the item was created from CDO

6. Dialing within Area Code

7. add a new property to an item programmatically with ADO

8. viewing another's sent mail

9. Retrieving custom property field values on an item

10. URGENT: Creating Custom Fields for A Message Object

11. How to Create custom email fields that can be sorted

12. Create Task item, MAPI Prop field mapping

13. Programmatically convert mail items to task items?