Un-install of Exchange

Post by SIM » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 10:59:36

I couldn't uninstall an Exchange server using "Add/Remove
Software". It keep on telling that there is some users
hosted in the store. However, all the users has already
been moved to another server. Any idea ?

Un-install of Exchange

Post by Neil Hobso » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 16:47:45

Use the AD Users and Computers snap-in and, from the domain, select
"Find". Click the "Advanced" tab and select "User" from the "Field"
button. From there, select "Exchange Home Server". Now select "Ends
with" in the "Condition" field. Now put the name of the server you
want to remove into the "Value" field and click "Add". Click the "Find
Now" button and you should be presented with a list of all user
objects in the domain that have been assigned a mailbox on that
server.

Remember that being assigned a mailbox does not mean that a mailbox
actually exists!

You can select the whole group of users in the results list and use
the "Exchange Tasks..." menu to delete the mailbox (you may not be
able to move the non-existant mailbox).

[post orginally from Rich Matheisen, not me!]

--
Neil Hobson
Silversands

http://www.silversands.co.uk

Quote:> I couldn't uninstall an Exchange server using "Add/Remove
> Software". It keep on telling that there is some users
> hosted in the store. However, all the users has already
> been moved to another server. Any idea ?

1. How do you uninstall microsoft exchange server

I have a dell latitude laptop with windows 98 as an
operating system.  I also have loaded office 2k pro.  When
ever I try to bring up outlook it tells me that my
computer was not able to connect to the "microsoft
exchange server."  This laptop is from my old company and
this may be something that they set up as part of dial up
service.  I am able to get to the net through my office
network using IE and AOL.  I need to find a way to change
the code for my computer to look for my network hookup and
not microsoft exchange server.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

David Youngblood

2. Can not get IMC to show up in Exchange 4.0

3. uninstall sps - Exchange won't mount

4. install of exchange 5.5 eval

5. Uninstall MS Exchange 5.5

6. Jobs Offer, Mitarbeit

7. Uninstalling MS Exchange

8. Organization Object - Inherited permissions

9. Complete uninstall of Exchange Server

10. uninstall 2000 exchange server

11. Complete Uninstall of Exchange 5.5, How do I

12. uninstall problems Exchange Server 120 day trial exchfilt.dll failed to load

13. How to uninstall the Exchange eval Version.