Sending meeting notices to Oulook users from batch job

Sending meeting notices to Oulook users from batch job

Post by Frank Ficna » Thu, 28 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

My client's email infrastructure uses Exchange/Outlook.  I am developing an
application/database for them to track specific type of events.  These
events occur on specific dates and have a great deal of other information
associated with them.

My client requires some sort of notification/alarm system that informs a
list of users of an event when it draws near so that they can take action.
I was thinking of populating the users' Outlook Calendar on a regular basis
based on information in the database (via a batch job running on another
server) since Outlook already provides all of the Calendaring and
Alarm/Reminder functionality.  My users also want a 'calendar view' of
upcoming events, so Outlook seems like the perfect solution.

My question is ... I know the Outlook VB Automation object model provides
for creating meeting notices etc., but how does this work on a server (not
an Exchange server) for which no user context exists?  Does Outlook have to
be installed on the server in order to access this object model?  I'm not
familiar enough with Exchange/Outlook to know how such a system might be
setup so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Frank

1. Sending meeting notices to Oulook users from batch job

[...]

2. Backup/Restore a single mailbox whit the NTBackup

3. outlook mail format rich text

4. DUN won't disconnect after SR1

5. Running SCHDIST as a Batch Job or under the NTMMTA

6. How to search in IMC's in/out archive for specific message or word?

7. ExMerge 2000 Batch Job Sometimes Skips Final Mailboxes

8. Creating a Batch job to convert Schedule Plus to Outlook calend ars

9. Incorrect timezone label in meeting notice

10. Meeting notices duplicated

11. Meeting Notices: