Delete default MAPI public folder and re-create

Delete default MAPI public folder and re-create

Post by Dary » Thu, 23 Aug 2001 00:37:44

Can you delete the default MAPI pubilc folder and re-create it in another
Administrative group?  If so, how?  I know you can only have one MAPI enable
public folder, but I would like to delete it from the Admin. group it is now
and re-create it in another AG.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. Creating a new default MAPI folder in Exchange 2000

The original server with the default mapi folder was not able to be backed
up before it had hardware failure. I was unable to rehome the default MAPI
public folder from the first server in the site, so this server only has the
General Public folders. There is also no way of taking a backup from the
first server, it's toast.

Does anyone know of a way to rebuilt the Default MAPI folder in this new
machine?
I have been searching in Technet for a while now, and no luck.

2. SMTP Configuration

3. OWA set up: the right way

4. Exchange 2000 - NetBios Problems?

5. Exchange behind firewall

6. Help on creating through MAPI a folder in Public Folders

7. Cannot delete Public Folder created by deleted user.

8. How to delete MAPI Public Folder?

9. Default Public Folder Tree Deleted...HELP

10. Default Public Folder Tree Was Deleted...HELP