CDO Error brings down our site Attention Microsoft Engineers this is a tough one

CDO Error brings down our site Attention Microsoft Engineers this is a tough one

Post by Matthew Trachtenber » Sat, 03 Oct 1998 04:00:00

This is a tough one, we have a very intermitant error that comes up
occasionaly.
Before I give the actual error let me describe our configuration, and what
we are doing.
We are running NT 4.0 + SP3 + hotfixes,  IIS 4 + hotfixes, exchange 5.5 +
SP1 + store hotfix.
What we are doing is developing a website that uses .ASP and CDO to access
exchange 5.5 mailboxes and public folders.
    We are using a object from persits( www.persits.com) called aspNTUser to
Authenticate with NT as a specific user. We are doing this to avoid the
browser based popup dialog box asking for Authentication.
99% + of the time this configuration works flawlessly and allows us to login
to our website one time and then access mapi(exchange) resources within the
site.
    The problem is the other 1% you will get this MAPI error when you first
login to the site. Which is also when
the MAPI Session gets established.
*******************************Begin
Error*************************************
Error: Get Inbox : -2147221219: You do not have permission to log on.
[Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store -
[MAPI_E_FAILONEPROVIDER(8004011D)]]
failed exchange login USERNAME
the system could not log you on
*******************************End
Error****************************************
I found the error "MAPI_E_FAILONEPROVIDER" listed in some older mapi
documentation and basically is says MAPI is trying to display a login dialog
box ( which of course it can't because it's an ASP page). but it was listed
as a bot fatal error
    Once this error has been encountered Noone can connect to the site so it
is effectively down. Re-stating web services does not fix the problem. We
were just re-booting since the site is only in development right now, but
this is not a viable option for production.
    One thing I have found that strangely enough fixes the problem is if I
point my browser at the OWA installation on the server where the problem is
occurring, I ca successfully login, and then logoff, after this is done the
problem is fixed and users can normally login to the site.

This is a major problem for us as there does not appear to be any pattern as
to how this error is caused.

Any assistance anyone can lend would be greatly appreciated, particularly
anyone from Microsoft, We are MSDN universal subscription members and we
have called in an incident already, but we are in a Que. that is 1-2 weeks
long for someone to get back to us.

1. CDO Error that is bringing down our IIS 4.0 website Attention Microsoft Engineers this is a tough one

[...]

2. Delivery Receipts

3. event 11508 and initialize mapi322 failed

4. message conflict notification

5. Converting Lotus Notes Personal Address to Oulook Contacts

6. CDO Error = [MAPI_E_FAILONEPROVIDER(8004011D)]] Brings down IIS 4.0

7. CDO / MAPI Error brings down IIS 4.0

8. CDO Error = [MAPI_E_FAILONEPROVIDER(8004011D)]] Brings down IIS 4.0