E2K Problem..!!. Pls.help...!!

Post by Nimes » Thu, 05 Apr 2001 12:45:18

Hi All,
              I have come across a weird  problem and wonder if there is a
solution. Here is the scenario

             1. I've a Win2K domain - abc.com and two exchange 5.5 servers
E1 and E2 running on Win2000 - both running in different sites but with in
the same domain under the same OU.
2. E1 belongs to site1 and E2 to Site2. I've installed site connectors
between the 2 exchanges servers and they both seem to be working fine. I can
route mails between the 2 Exchange5.5 servers without any problems.
3. Later, I installed ADC connector on E1 in Site1.I created CA's for
Windows to Exchange and Exchange to Windows. Similarly on E2 , I installed
ADC.
4. I could now create a user through Exchange 5.5 and the same user would be
reflected back in the Actice Directory. ( So far so good...). I tried
testing this from both the sites and they seem to be working fine.
5. Then I installed  Exchange2K System Manager on the DC of my Win2K domain.
6. Here is the problem, I can see only one Exchange5.5 server (E1) in the
System Manager of E2K while, I cannot see the other Exchnage 5.5 server(E2)
in the other site.
7. I've tried deleting the CA's on both the machines and then re-creating
it. But, no luck..........

Can somebody tell me , Is it possible to  have two Exchange 5.5 servers in
two different sites but within the same win2K domain under the same OU ??.If
so , how do I configure the CA's and secondly why doesn't my second Exchange
5.5 server (E2) appear in the E2KSystem Manager running on the DC.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thank in advance.

Regards

Nimesh Nair

E2K Problem..!!. Pls.help...!!

Post by Baris Eri » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 08:15:00

You need to have one SRS for each Exchange 5.5 site. Go to Exchange System
Manager of E2k, create a new SRS.

What you said is possible, you can have different physical and logical
implementation. Number of domains, number of sites and how are they
connected is not a stopper for you. However, the bandwidth required to keep
domain controllers in each location in-sync should be considered and tested
very well.

Quote:> Hi All,
>               I have come across a weird  problem and wonder if there is a
> solution. Here is the scenario

>              1. I've a Win2K domain - abc.com and two exchange 5.5 servers
> E1 and E2 running on Win2000 - both running in different sites but with in
> the same domain under the same OU.
> 2. E1 belongs to site1 and E2 to Site2. I've installed site connectors
> between the 2 exchanges servers and they both seem to be working fine. I
can
> route mails between the 2 Exchange5.5 servers without any problems.
> 3. Later, I installed ADC connector on E1 in Site1.I created CA's for
> Windows to Exchange and Exchange to Windows. Similarly on E2 , I installed
> ADC.
> 4. I could now create a user through Exchange 5.5 and the same user would
be
> reflected back in the Actice Directory. ( So far so good...). I tried
> testing this from both the sites and they seem to be working fine.
> 5. Then I installed  Exchange2K System Manager on the DC of my Win2K
domain.
> 6. Here is the problem, I can see only one Exchange5.5 server (E1) in the
> System Manager of E2K while, I cannot see the other Exchnage 5.5
server(E2)
> in the other site.
> 7. I've tried deleting the CA's on both the machines and then re-creating
> it. But, no luck..........

> Can somebody tell me , Is it possible to  have two Exchange 5.5 servers in
> two different sites but within the same win2K domain under the same OU
??.If
> so , how do I configure the CA's and secondly why doesn't my second
Exchange
> 5.5 server (E2) appear in the E2KSystem Manager running on the DC.

> Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

> Thank in advance.

> Regards

> Nimesh Nair

1. ADC connection agreement. pls pls help

Hi there..
    I'm re posting this artical.
my problem is i created a ADC connection agreement between Ex5.5 and 2000
and got the directory
synchronized to windows.
i created new accounts.
then mail enabled these users.
by default what will be the passwords of these accounts.
at the moment its responding for any password.

pls pls pls help

Thanks a million.
shivi

2. OWA - VBScript Runtime error 800e03e3

3. Autoarchive Problem, Pls Help!

4. How Do I Hide A Recipient in the Global Address List?

5. Rule Setting Problem, Pls Help

6. HTTPS

7. OWA Problem...Pls Help...

8. Problem with GroupShield for Exchange

9. Rule Setting Problem, Pls Help

10. Pls help - major problem

11. newsfeed to public folders problem..pls help!

12. Autoarchive Problem, Pls Help!

13. Rule Setting Problem, Pls Help