I have come across a weird problem and wonder if there is a
solution. Here is the scenario
1. I've a Win2K domain - abc.com and two exchange 5.5 servers
E1 and E2 running on Win2000 - both running in different sites but with in
the same domain under the same OU.
2. E1 belongs to site1 and E2 to Site2. I've installed site connectors
between the 2 exchanges servers and they both seem to be working fine. I can
route mails between the 2 Exchange5.5 servers without any problems.
3. Later, I installed ADC connector on E1 in Site1.I created CA's for
Windows to Exchange and Exchange to Windows. Similarly on E2 , I installed
4. I could now create a user through Exchange 5.5 and the same user would be
reflected back in the Actice Directory. ( So far so good...). I tried
testing this from both the sites and they seem to be working fine.
5. Then I installed Exchange2K System Manager on the DC of my Win2K domain.
6. Here is the problem, I can see only one Exchange5.5 server (E1) in the
System Manager of E2K while, I cannot see the other Exchnage 5.5 server(E2)
in the other site.
7. I've tried deleting the CA's on both the machines and then re-creating
it. But, no luck..........
Can somebody tell me , Is it possible to have two Exchange 5.5 servers in
two different sites but within the same win2K domain under the same OU ??.If
so , how do I configure the CA's and secondly why doesn't my second Exchange
5.5 server (E2) appear in the E2KSystem Manager running on the DC.
Any suggestions would be really appreciated.
Thank in advance.