debugger for Exchange Agent script never starts

debugger for Exchange Agent script never starts

Post by Terry McKierna » Fri, 16 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hi everyone,

Hope you can help me with this problem.  In short, I am trying to use the
script de* to debug an Exchange Agent script.  But, the de* window
never comes up!

Here's what I've got:

NT40 SP4
IIS 4.0
Exchange 5.5 SP2
IE 4.0.1 SP2
latest script de* from MS site

I created a simple "autoresponder" script in the inbox of our tech support
mailbox.  The script runs fine, so I know the events service is running,
scripting agent is enabled, etc.

I put the "stop" command in the script in the "on message created" event.
Logged on to the console as Exchange Services.  Sent a message to fire the
script and ...

NOTHING!

The script runs, I get a return message, all is well.  But the de*
never starts up.

I have tried logging in to the console under various logins (Admin, the
mailbox owner, services, exchange admin).  I have tried creating the script
under these same logins.  And I have fired up the script de* manually
to make sure it works.  But the darn thing just won't load by itself.

Is there some trick here, something I have to turn on to make this work?
For example,

1. Since I have IIS running, do I have to turn on the server-side script
debugging (I thought that only affected the ASP scripts for the web site,
but who knows)?  (anyway, I tried this, no effect)

2. I have Visual Studio 6.0 on this computer also.  After I installed the
script de*, I read in the readme that you shouldn't install the script
de* after Visual Interdev, because it makes the IE script de* the
default.  Well, who cares ... any de* would be fine right now!

I've gone throught the MS KBase, MSDN and www.cdolive.com and I can't find
the answer.  Can anyone help?

TIA

Terry McKiernan
ARES Development Group

debugger for Exchange Agent script never starts

Post by Siegfried Webe » Fri, 16 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Maybe you should check first if script de* fires overall. Try to create an Outlook form with faulty code and run it on this machine. Does script de* pops up?

Also you've not mentioned which service pack of Visual Studio 6.0 is on the machine and in which order you've installed all SW.

Here's how I did it:

NT40
NT40SP4
IE401SP1
IIS40
NT40SP4
Exchange 55
Exchange 55SP2
VS60
VS60SP1 (Note that SP2 is already released and SP3 is comming soon)
NT40SP4

Works like a champ!
--
</Siegfried>

>Hi everyone,

>Hope you can help me with this problem.  In short, I am trying to use the
>script de* to debug an Exchange Agent script.  But, the de* window
>never comes up!

>Here's what I've got:

>NT40 SP4
>IIS 4.0
>Exchange 5.5 SP2
>IE 4.0.1 SP2
>latest script de* from MS site

>I created a simple "autoresponder" script in the inbox of our tech support
>mailbox.  The script runs fine, so I know the events service is running,
>scripting agent is enabled, etc.

>I put the "stop" command in the script in the "on message created" event.
>Logged on to the console as Exchange Services.  Sent a message to fire the
>script and ...

>NOTHING!

>The script runs, I get a return message, all is well.  But the de*
>never starts up.

>I have tried logging in to the console under various logins (Admin, the
>mailbox owner, services, exchange admin).  I have tried creating the script
>under these same logins.  And I have fired up the script de* manually
>to make sure it works.  But the darn thing just won't load by itself.

>Is there some trick here, something I have to turn on to make this work?
>For example,

>1. Since I have IIS running, do I have to turn on the server-side script
>debugging (I thought that only affected the ASP scripts for the web site,
>but who knows)?  (anyway, I tried this, no effect)

>2. I have Visual Studio 6.0 on this computer also.  After I installed the
>script de*, I read in the readme that you shouldn't install the script
>de* after Visual Interdev, because it makes the IE script de* the
>default.  Well, who cares ... any de* would be fine right now!

>I've gone throught the MS KBase, MSDN and www.cdolive.com and I can't find
>the answer.  Can anyone help?

>TIA

>Terry McKiernan
>ARES Development Group

1. debugger for Exchange Agent script never starts

Hi everyone,

Hope you can help me with this problem.  In short, I am trying to use the
script debugger to debug an Exchange Agent script.  But, the debugger window
never comes up!

Here's what I've got:

NT40 SP4
IIS 4.0
Exchange 5.5 SP2
IE 4.0.1 SP2
latest script debugger from MS site

I created a simple "autoresponder" script in the inbox of our tech support
mailbox.  The script runs fine, so I know the events service is running,
scripting agent is enabled, etc.

I put the "stop" command in the script in the "on message created" event.
Logged on to the console as Exchange Services.  Sent a message to fire the
script and ...

NOTHING!

The script runs, I get a return message, all is well.  But the debugger
never starts up.

I have tried logging in to the console under various logins (Admin, the
mailbox owner, services, exchange admin).  I have tried creating the script
under these same logins.  And I have fired up the script debugger manually
to make sure it works.  But the darn thing just won't load by itself.

Is there some trick here, something I have to turn on to make this work?
For example,

1. Since I have IIS running, do I have to turn on the server-side script
debugging (I thought that only affected the ASP scripts for the web site,
but who knows)?  (anyway, I tried this, no effect)

2. I have Visual Studio 6.0 on this computer also.  After I installed the
script debugger, I read in the readme that you shouldn't install the script
debugger after Visual Interdev, because it makes the IE script debugger the
default.  Well, who cares ... any debugger would be fine right now!

I've gone throught the MS KBase, MSDN and www.cdolive.com and I can't find
the answer.  Can anyone help?

TIA

Terry McKiernan
ARES Development Group

2. Unable to access Public folders from Outlook2K

3. Cant Debugger Exchange Agent Script

4. Auto Fill

5. Script Debugger & Exchange 5.5 Scripts

6. IMS fails to start

7. Cant get debugger to work for Exchange scripts.

9. Script debugger and exchange server

10. Starting Excel in Event agent script

11. Lost my Script Debugger!

12. Getting script debugger to kick in

13. Scripting Debugger does not work