User out of the office how do I set up the office Assistant on the server

User out of the office how do I set up the office Assistant on the server

Post by Aj Palmier » Fri, 26 May 2000 04:00:00

I have a user that is on leave from the office. I need her mail to forward a
message to anyone sending mail to her. This must be setup on the server. If
I use the Out of Office Assistant she must have her mail open for it to
forward the email. Is there someway that I can set up her mailbox to forward
a message without the PC being logged in.

Thanks
AJ

User out of the office how do I set up the office Assistant on the server

Post by Jeff A. Stucke » Fri, 26 May 2000 04:00:00

Good grief! Next time, please pick no more than two newsgroups.  And don't
ask for personal replies; read the answer here.  Newsgroups are for public
benefit, not private support sessions.

Answer: In Exchange Server Administrator, set up an alternate recipient.
--
Cheers,

'('    Jeff
\

> I have a user that is on leave from the office. I need her mail to forward
> message to anyone sending mail to her. This must be setup on the server.
If
> I use the Out of Office Assistant she must have her mail open for it to
> forward the email. Is there someway that I can set up her mailbox to
forward
> a message without the PC being logged in.

> Thanks
> AJ

User out of the office how do I set up the office Assistant on the server

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Sat, 27 May 2000 04:00:00

No, the OOA always operates from the server. It does not depend on the
client being opened. You can either use the OOA or, if it's a long-term
situation, follow Jeff's suggestion.
--
Sue Mosher
Author of

> I have a user that is on leave from the office. I need her mail to forward
> message to anyone sending mail to her. This must be setup on the server.
If
> I use the Out of Office Assistant she must have her mail open for it to
> forward the email. Is there someway that I can set up her mailbox to
forward
> a message without the PC being logged in.

> Thanks
> AJ

1. User out of the office how do I set up the office Assistant on the server

I have a user that is on leave from the office. I need her mail to forward a
message to anyone sending mail to her. This must be setup on the server. If
I use the Out of Office Assistant she must have her mail open for it to
forward the email. Is there someway that I can set up her mailbox to forward
a message without the PC being logged in.

Thanks
AJ

2. how to setup similar mailboxes that are not unique: i.e. info@xxxx.org

3. Stripping out attachments when forwarding

4. Quick Q

5. Setting Out of Office Assistant for POP3 users

6. Outlook Connection

7. Out of Office/Inbox Assistants disappeared after Office 2k install

8. Out of Office Assistant Does Not Display Out of Office

9. Out of Office/Inbox Assistants disappeared after Office 2k install

10. Set Out of Office on Server for 1 User

11. Inbox Assistant and Out-of-Office Assistant