Front End (FE/BE) Backend Server SMTP Relay For IMAP Clients

Front End (FE/BE) Backend Server SMTP Relay For IMAP Clients

Post by Daric Smit » Sun, 17 Jun 2001 03:43:33

I have recently implemented a FE/BE configuration for security reasons.  OWA
works perfectly when connecting to the front end.  But, if someone using
IMAP or POP when attaching to the FE, the Client (we are using Outlook
express) gives an error like the following:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by

Subject '', Account: 'IMAP Mail', Server: '192.168.1.92', Protocol: SMTP,

Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Now, the BE server has been configured for SMTP relay for a while, and IMAP
and POP3 works fine if you connect to it.  But the FE is the problem.  I
read some posts about setting up a Smart Host in SMTP, but I didn't know
exactly what they meant and I tried it and it didn't work on the FE and BE.
I also configured the FE SMTP relay exactly the same as the BE relay.

Any suggestions on how to set this up?  Or where I went wrong?

Thank you

            -Daric Smith

Front End (FE/BE) Backend Server SMTP Relay For IMAP Clients

Post by Shlomi Fana » Wed, 20 Jun 2001 15:33:36

there is a tab on the client " my server requires authentication"

--
Shlomi Fanan
Systems Engineer

> I have recently implemented a FE/BE configuration for security reasons.
OWA
> works perfectly when connecting to the front end.  But, if someone using
> IMAP or POP when attaching to the FE, the Client (we are using Outlook
> express) gives an error like the following:

> The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected
by

> Subject '', Account: 'IMAP Mail', Server: '192.168.1.92', Protocol: SMTP,

> Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

> Now, the BE server has been configured for SMTP relay for a while, and
IMAP
> and POP3 works fine if you connect to it.  But the FE is the problem.  I
> read some posts about setting up a Smart Host in SMTP, but I didn't know
> exactly what they meant and I tried it and it didn't work on the FE and
BE.
> I also configured the FE SMTP relay exactly the same as the BE relay.

> Any suggestions on how to set this up?  Or where I went wrong?

> Thank you

>             -Daric Smith

1. Front End (FE/BE) Backend Server SMTP Relay For IMAP Clients

I have recently implemented a FE/BE configuration for security reasons.  OWA
works perfectly when connecting to the front end.  But, if someone using
IMAP or POP when attaching to the FE, the Client (we are using Outlook
express) gives an error like the following:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by

Subject '', Account: 'IMAP Mail', Server: '192.168.1.92', Protocol: SMTP,

Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Now, the BE server has been configured for SMTP relay for a while, and IMAP
and POP3 works fine if you connect to it.  But the FE is the problem.  I
read some posts about setting up a Smart Host in SMTP, but I didn't know
exactly what they meant and I tried it and it didn't work on the FE and BE.
I also configured the FE SMTP relay exactly the same as the BE relay.

Any suggestions on how to set this up?  Or where I went wrong?

Thank you

            -Daric Smith

2. Setting limits on Multiple mailboxes

3. Setting up Exchange behind Proxy2.0

4. Question on front-end/backend smtp connector

5. pop3 connector and mail routing problems

6. smtp on front end or backend

7. Error extracting information from server DN '' (CMapiSession::GetInfoFromProfile)

8. Front end / Backend servers

9. 2 backend server and 1 front end

10. Front end and Backend Server

11. BETA: E2K3 Front end with E2K Backend Server

12. OWA Front End BAckend Server specs for 500Users