Can't get VB 5 to read outlook contacts on system without Exchange

Can't get VB 5 to read outlook contacts on system without Exchange

Post by Doug Bonne » Thu, 31 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I'm having fun locating vb5 code to retrieve Outlook 98 Contact info. Have
been able to add a new contact, but no luck in reading contact info.

All the examples I have found on the web are written for Exchange and keep
failing when ever I reach:

Set objNameSpace = objOutlook.GetNamespace("MAPI")
Producing error - Object doesn't support this property or method (Error 438)

Exchange is not present on the LAN.

I'm sure I'm missing the obvious. because I have code that can read the
outlook contacts from inside Word.  Anyone have any code to do this using
outlook 98 as stand-a-lone POP3 setup?

Thanks

Doug

Can't get VB 5 to read outlook contacts on system without Exchange

Post by Paul Quall » Mon, 04 Sep 2000 13:04:01

Please show the code preceding

Quote:> Set objNameSpace = objOutlook.GetNamespace("MAPI")
> Producing error - Object doesn't support this property or method (Error
438)

It doesn't look like you have a valid outlook object.

Quote:> I'm having fun locating vb5 code to retrieve Outlook 98 Contact info. Have