How to display messages of customized message classes using customized OWA form?

How to display messages of customized message classes using customized OWA form?

Post by George Wa » Sat, 30 Nov 2002 07:12:10

In Exchange 2000, there are only a few built in message types, like
"message", "document", "contact"..

I have a customized message class which needs quite different layout
display from these standard forms. Is there a way I can realize this
in OWA? (In outlook, I use customized Outlook forms for this message
class)

From my research on Exchange 2000 and OWA documentation, I can
register a WSS form to respond a certain contentclass, e.g., message.
But in this case, all the normal messages would also use my form. (I
would like to use my form for my message class, but use Microsoft form
for normal messages).

I'm wondering if this is possible? Seems to be a very common task,
though.

How to display messages of customized message classes using customized OWA form?

Post by David Szab » Sat, 30 Nov 2002 18:08:38

Hi,

You can register your own class, but you must be sure that your own items

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/wss/wss/_wforms_web_storage_s...
orm_registration.asp?frame=true.

David

Quote:> In Exchange 2000, there are only a few built in message types, like
> "message", "document", "contact"..

> I have a customized message class which needs quite different layout
> display from these standard forms. Is there a way I can realize this
> in OWA? (In outlook, I use customized Outlook forms for this message
> class)

> From my research on Exchange 2000 and OWA documentation, I can
> register a WSS form to respond a certain contentclass, e.g., message.
> But in this case, all the normal messages would also use my form. (I
> would like to use my form for my message class, but use Microsoft form
> for normal messages).

> I'm wondering if this is possible? Seems to be a very common task,
> though.

How to display messages of customized message classes using customized OWA form?

Post by George Wa » Sat, 21 Dec 2002 07:26:35

Thanks, David.

Another question:

I created a custom content class (e.g., "urn:content-classes:myclass")
and a form registration for this content class (formurl point to an
asp file in the same folder, e.g.,
http://server/exchange/user/inbox/CustomMessage.asp, or
http://server/public/test/CustomMessage.asp, just for testing
purpose).

It works in public folder, i.e., when I open a message of custom class
via OWA, the custom form is displayed.

But, when I do exactly the same thing against my inbox (including
create content class, form registration ...), the custom form doesn't
show up.

Have you ever seen this before?

Thanks.

BTW, my Exchange version is 2000 with SP3

> Hi,

> You can register your own class, but you must be sure that your own items

> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/wss/wss/_wforms_web_storage_s...
> orm_registration.asp?frame=true.

> David

> > In Exchange 2000, there are only a few built in message types, like
> > "message", "document", "contact"..

> > I have a customized message class which needs quite different layout
> > display from these standard forms. Is there a way I can realize this
> > in OWA? (In outlook, I use customized Outlook forms for this message
> > class)

> > From my research on Exchange 2000 and OWA documentation, I can
> > register a WSS form to respond a certain contentclass, e.g., message.
> > But in this case, all the normal messages would also use my form. (I
> > would like to use my form for my message class, but use Microsoft form
> > for normal messages).

> > I'm wondering if this is possible? Seems to be a very common task,
> > though.

How to display messages of customized message classes using customized OWA form?

Post by David Szab » Sun, 29 Dec 2002 01:07:59

Hello George,

Did you create a link to your schema definition in the inbox
(schema-collection-ref, expected content class) ?

David

> Thanks, David.

> Another question:

> I created a custom content class (e.g., "urn:content-classes:myclass")
> and a form registration for this content class (formurl point to an
> asp file in the same folder, e.g.,
> http://server/exchange/user/inbox/CustomMessage.asp, or
> http://server/public/test/CustomMessage.asp, just for testing
> purpose).

> It works in public folder, i.e., when I open a message of custom class
> via OWA, the custom form is displayed.

> But, when I do exactly the same thing against my inbox (including
> create content class, form registration ...), the custom form doesn't
> show up.

> Have you ever seen this before?

> Thanks.

> BTW, my Exchange version is 2000 with SP3

> > Hi,

> > You can register your own class, but you must be sure that your own
items

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/wss/wss/_wforms_web_storage_s...

> > orm_registration.asp?frame=true.

> > David

> > > In Exchange 2000, there are only a few built in message types, like
> > > "message", "document", "contact"..

> > > I have a customized message class which needs quite different layout
> > > display from these standard forms. Is there a way I can realize this
> > > in OWA? (In outlook, I use customized Outlook forms for this message
> > > class)

> > > From my research on Exchange 2000 and OWA documentation, I can
> > > register a WSS form to respond a certain contentclass, e.g., message.
> > > But in this case, all the normal messages would also use my form. (I
> > > would like to use my form for my message class, but use Microsoft form
> > > for normal messages).

> > > I'm wondering if this is possible? Seems to be a very common task,
> > > though.

1. How to display messages of customized message classes using customized OWA form?

In Exchange 2000, there are only a few built in message types, like
"message", "document", "contact"..

I have a customized message class which needs quite different layout
display from these standard forms. Is there a way I can realize this
in OWA? (In outlook, I use customized Outlook forms for this message
class)

From my research on Exchange 2000 and OWA documentation, I can
register a WSS form to respond a certain contentclass, e.g., message.
But in this case, all the normal messages would also use my form. (I
would like to use my form for my message class, but use Microsoft form
for normal messages).

I'm wondering if this is possible? Seems to be a very common task,
though.

2. deleted and SENT

3. How to Create Routing Document?

4. OWA Customize for message class

5. Can I Do This?

6. send a customized message form from event script agent

7. How to change the NIC?

8. OWA HTML forms - Customized Task Form

9. OWA 2000: Customize message rendering?

10. Display custom msg class using IPM.Note's form

11. can you customized the owa to display fonts

12. Customized outlook form doesn't appear in OWA