Please Help With CDO, ASP, Exchange SMTP Problem

Please Help With CDO, ASP, Exchange SMTP Problem

Post by pickle comput » Wed, 05 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I'm running IIS4 server and Exchange 5.5 server on two different machines.
I'm writing a web application to connect my company's mailboxes to the
internet, so that each user can view and send email through web-based forms.
As I understand it, CDO is the way to do this. As suggested by Proffesional
Active Server Pages 2.0, I installed IIS4 on my Exchange Server, reran the
IMS Wizard, and I am using the LogonSMTP method to logon and ATTEMPT to
access Exchange users Inboxes and Outboxes. However, IIS continues to use
its own SMTP service to send messages, and I cannot view inboxes at all. CDO
on my IIS machine is NOT talking to Exchange. Should I be using CDO instead
of CDONTS? If so, how do I install it? I'm really looking for a simple and
straight-forward way of accessing these mailboxes, preferably with some sort
of authenticated security, although this is not my main concern. Just
sending and viewing messages online - that's all i need. I've searched
endlessly for some resources, but they just add to the confusion. Can anyone
offer help?

Thank you very much for your time,

Carlos Salgado

Please Help With CDO, ASP, Exchange SMTP Problem

Post by Peter Kalmstro » Thu, 06 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hi Carlos
Of course it is possible to write the application you want but the question
is why! Why don't you install Outlook Web Access instead. It took me a
couple of hours the first time I did it (I was even greener then) and
there's no way you will beat that in developing your own. You already have
all the software you need .

Good luck
--

Regards
Peter Kalmstrom

Quote:>I'm running IIS4 server and Exchange 5.5 server on two different machines.
>I'm writing a web application to connect my company's mailboxes to the
>internet, so that each user can view and send email through web-based
forms.
>As I understand it, CDO is the way to do this. As suggested by Proffesional
>Active Server Pages 2.0, I installed IIS4 on my Exchange Server, reran the
>IMS Wizard, and I am using the LogonSMTP method to logon and ATTEMPT to
>access Exchange users Inboxes and Outboxes. However, IIS continues to use
>its own SMTP service to send messages, and I cannot view inboxes at all.
CDO
>on my IIS machine is NOT talking to Exchange. Should I be using CDO instead
>of CDONTS? If so, how do I install it? I'm really looking for a simple and
>straight-forward way of accessing these mailboxes, preferably with some
sort
>of authenticated security, although this is not my main concern. Just
>sending and viewing messages online - that's all i need. I've searched
>endlessly for some resources, but they just add to the confusion. Can
anyone
>offer help?

>Thank you very much for your time,

>Carlos Salgado

Please Help With CDO, ASP, Exchange SMTP Problem

Post by pickle comput » Thu, 06 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Peter,

Thanks for the advice, but I've looked into Outlook Web Access and it seems
remarkably undocumented. I know it's installed on my machine, but I haven't
a clue where to go to get started. Online documentation is virtually
non-existant. I've looked tirelessly, so i mustn't be looking in the right
places. Can you tell me how you got started using Outlook Web Access? Can
you point be to any good, "groud-up" resources?

Thank you very much in advance,
Carlos.

1. BIG PROBLEMS Please Help Please Help Please Help Please Help

2 days ago I had a Hard Drive crash on my exchange server <<<< no big deal
it was Raid 5
but after some inspection I found that the RAID backplane was screwed so a
discussion was made to create a new server and put Exchange on it.
No big Deal, configured the server renamed the old on server which was SPOCK
to SPOCK1 named the new server SPOCK now SPOCK1 is/was a BDC the new Spock
is not E-mail is up and running fine but I have noticed some residual
problems. Anywhere I had given a local group access to a mailbox they can no
longer see it. It tells them that no do not have permission to view the
mailbox. Any Ideas? please this has me stumped
If I need to make this a BDC is there any way to make a normal server a BDC
with having to completely reinstall?

Please help

2. Exchange Server and CDO

3. Help: ASP/CDO Problem

4. GAL modification

5. Exchange Server 4.0 on NT Server 4.0?

6. Outlook Web Access/ASP Problem - Please Help!

7. how to delete orphan MS Connectors ???

8. smtp problems - new exchange admin - please help

9. please help me with installing claint CDO please

10. cdo smtp asp how to get messege

11. ASP - Exchange : MAPI_E_LOGON_FAILED -- PLEASE HELP !!

12. Warning: CDO, ASP, ASP 0115, and no objSession.Logoff