Filtering list - Export and Import

Post by Scott Vradenburg » Fri, 02 May 2003 06:13:33

I have a huge list of domains and email addresses being
filtered through the Message Delivery Properties. It's
really helped me reduce some of the spam and junk mail
coming in through this server.

I would like to export this list and put it on another
Exchange 2000 server I manage, but it's not on the same
network.

Is there a way to export this to a list or flat file?
If there is is there a way to import this back into
active directory?

Filtering list - Export and Import

Post by Dmitry Korolyo » Fri, 02 May 2003 06:26:07

I believe yes, though it is somewhat ugly. Exchange stores its configuration
in AD, and there are tools for exporting/importing objects. One of them
ldifde.exe, it can export stuff into text files and import them back, try
it.

Quote:> I have a huge list of domains and email addresses being
> filtered through the Message Delivery Properties. It's
> really helped me reduce some of the spam and junk mail
> coming in through this server.

> I would like to export this list and put it on another
> Exchange 2000 server I manage, but it's not on the same
> network.

> Is there a way to export this to a list or flat file?
> If there is is there a way to import this back into
> active directory?

Filtering list - Export and Import

Post by MSFT » Fri, 02 May 2003 07:03:11

Check out this:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=810913

> I believe yes, though it is somewhat ugly. Exchange stores its
configuration
> in AD, and there are tools for exporting/importing objects. One of them
> ldifde.exe, it can export stuff into text files and import them back, try
> it.

> > I have a huge list of domains and email addresses being
> > filtered through the Message Delivery Properties. It's
> > really helped me reduce some of the spam and junk mail
> > coming in through this server.

> > I would like to export this list and put it on another
> > Exchange 2000 server I manage, but it's not on the same
> > network.

> > Is there a way to export this to a list or flat file?
> > If there is is there a way to import this back into
> > active directory?

Filtering list - Export and Import

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Fri, 02 May 2003 07:03:50

Hi Scott

Here is a script that should help you out:
http://www.cdolive.net/download/Exchange2000MessageFilterList.zip

--
Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Exchange MVP

Quote:> I have a huge list of domains and email addresses being
> filtered through the Message Delivery Properties. It's
> really helped me reduce some of the spam and junk mail
> coming in through this server.

> I would like to export this list and put it on another
> Exchange 2000 server I manage, but it's not on the same
> network.

> Is there a way to export this to a list or flat file?
> If there is is there a way to import this back into
> active directory?

1. Exporting Filter List

Over the past several months, I've created a very
extensive email domain filter list(500+) that I would like
to backup and restore.
In the 'Exchange System Manager' -> 'Global Settings' -

Can I back this up to be restored later, and if so, how?
Thank you,

2. User Replication

3. Export Message Filtering List

4. Urgent: Help needed with public folders

5. Exporting Block Filtering List To A File !?

6. Take it from a PRO...Exchange + Clusterserver = ClusterF*ck!!!

7. export filter list

8. Exchange Infromation Service

9. Export Filtering List

10. Exporting the message filtering list

11. Need Help Exporting Msg filtering list from Exchange 5.5 to excahnge 2000

12. Export Filtering List

13. message filter list content export / copy