20 Exchange Servers over 20 Sites using Dynamic RAS

20 Exchange Servers over 20 Sites using Dynamic RAS

Post by Matthew Phillip » Sun, 14 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Dear All,

    I am looking for some help with a problem we are encountering whilst
planning an Exchange implementation. I would like to have 20 Exchange
servers connected using Dynamic RAS with name resolution being provided
using the HOST file. However I am not sure what the HOST file should look
like at each location, as it could change depending which location initiates
the phone call.

    I am sure people have done this before, if anyone has any info they can
provide then it would be much appreciated. If you have any info please
contact me on my below email address.

Thanks

Matt

20 Exchange Servers over 20 Sites using Dynamic RAS

Post by Matthew Phillip » Sun, 14 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Dear All,

    I am looking for some help with a problem we are encountering whilst
planning an Exchange implementation. I would like to have 20 Exchange
servers connected using Dynamic RAS with name resolution being provided
using the HOST file. However I am not sure what the HOST file should look
like at each location, as it could change depending which location initiates
the phone call.

    I am sure people have done this before, if anyone has any info they can
provide then it would be much appreciated. If you have any info please
contact me on my below email address.

Thanks

Matt

20 Exchange Servers over 20 Sites using Dynamic RAS

Post by Ken Szet » Sun, 14 Mar 1999 04:00:00

You should consider setting up a DNS server at each site and have it
replicate to other sites.  This way you don't run into problem such as
outdated HOST file at any site.  Also, using NT's DNS Manager is much easier
than manually updating a HOST file.

Suggested reading:  DNS in Windows NT from O'Relly

Ken Szeto, MCSE

>Dear All,

>    I am looking for some help with a problem we are encountering whilst
>planning an Exchange implementation. I would like to have 20 Exchange
>servers connected using Dynamic RAS with name resolution being provided
>using the HOST file. However I am not sure what the HOST file should look
>like at each location, as it could change depending which location
initiates
>the phone call.

>    I am sure people have done this before, if anyone has any info they can
>provide then it would be much appreciated. If you have any info please
>contact me on my below email address.

>Thanks

>Matt

20 Exchange Servers over 20 Sites using Dynamic RAS

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Sun, 14 Mar 1999 04:00:00

HOSTS file conatains only correspondence between IP  and host name. It should be
the same for all locations.

> Dear All,

>     I am looking for some help with a problem we are encountering whilst
> planning an Exchange implementation. I would like to have 20 Exchange
> servers connected using Dynamic RAS with name resolution being provided
> using the HOST file. However I am not sure what the HOST file should look
> like at each location, as it could change depending which location initiates
> the phone call.

>     I am sure people have done this before, if anyone has any info they can
> provide then it would be much appreciated. If you have any info please
> contact me on my below email address.

> Thanks

> Matt

20 Exchange Servers over 20 Sites using Dynamic RAS

Post by Daniel Falconett » Tue, 16 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Try to initiate connections always from the same side (one dial the other is
wake up by remote)
Fix the IP address given by the RAS server and that should do it!
Well any way thats a path to the solution

Daniel FALCONETTI

Matthew Phillips a crit dans le message ...

Quote:>Dear All,

>    I am looking for some help with a problem we are encountering whilst
>planning an Exchange implementation. I would like to have 20 Exchange
>servers connected using Dynamic RAS with name resolution being provided
>using the HOST file. However I am not sure what the HOST file should look
>like at each location, as it could change depending which location
initiates
>the phone call.

>    I am sure people have done this before, if anyone has any info they can
>provide then it would be much appreciated. If you have any info please
>contact me on my below email address.

>Thanks

>Matt

1. 20 Exchange Servers over 20 Sites using Dynamic RAS

Dear All,

    I am looking for some help with a problem we are encountering whilst
planning an Exchange implementation. I would like to have 20 Exchange
servers connected using Dynamic RAS with name resolution being provided
using the HOST file. However I am not sure what the HOST file should look
like at each location, as it could change depending which location initiates
the phone call.

    I am sure people have done this before, if anyone has any info they can
provide then it would be much appreciated. If you have any info please
contact me on my below email address.

Thanks

Matt

2. ..ADD some words at the end of the email send to a group

3. Collect mails from a SMTP/POP server

4. Who has 20+ servers in a single site ?

5. Restore Local Security Policy

6. Looking for someone who has 20+ servers in a single site

7. Installing Exchange server, drive requirements w/RAID 5

8. Administering DL for 20 sites with Exchange 5.5 from win95

9. backup mail server (mx 20) won't hold mail for primary server (mx 10)

10. exchange server admin.exe error after configuring over 20 ip-addresses

11. Exchange Server Error 20

12. exchange server admin.exe error after configuring over 20 ip-addresses