outlook 2000 contact activity public folder problem

outlook 2000 contact activity public folder problem

Post by chris lenno » Wed, 15 Nov 2000 10:41:06

My client is a small business with 15 pc's. What they are doing is using a
public folder on exchange to share contact information. The problem is this
the activites section does not work ( i know why). I need someone to point
me in the right direction here. What i want to do is record a history of
each contact that a person in the company has done ( ie peter called george
at 2pm at abc company). Automaticly would be preferable. I want this stored
directly in the activites section or another public folder, so all could
view it. ( called contact history for example that is linked to the
contact). Also does act work with exchange?
Can you email me directly with your reply, thanks.

Chris Lennon
Impact Computer Services
905-458-8142

Any help would be really aprpeciated.

outlook 2000 contact activity public folder problem

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Wed, 15 Nov 2000 04:00:00

There is no straightforward solution to this issue. I've outlined several
possible approaches at http://www.slipstick.com/journal/pubjournal.htm.

Next time, please do not crosspost. One newsgroup is sufficient.

--
Sue Mosher
Author of

> My client is a small business with 15 pc's. What they are doing is using a
> public folder on exchange to share contact information. The problem is
this
> the activites section does not work ( i know why). I need someone to point
> me in the right direction here. What i want to do is record a history of
> each contact that a person in the company has done ( ie peter called
george
> at 2pm at abc company). Automaticly would be preferable. I want this
stored
> directly in the activites section or another public folder, so all could
> view it. ( called contact history for example that is linked to the
> contact). Also does act work with exchange?
> Can you email me directly with your reply, thanks.

> Chris Lennon
> Impact Computer Services
> 905-458-8142

> Any help would be really aprpeciated.

1. outlook 2000 contact activity public folder problem

My client is a small business with 15 pc's. What they are doing is using a
public folder on exchange to share contact information. The problem is this
the activites section does not work ( i know why). I need someone to point
me in the right direction here. What i want to do is record a history of
each contact that a person in the company has done ( ie peter called george
at 2pm at abc company). Automaticly would be preferable. I want this stored
directly in the activites section or another public folder, so all could
view it. ( called contact history for example that is linked to the
contact). Also does act work with exchange?
Can you email me directly with your reply, thanks.

Chris Lennon
Impact Computer Services
905-458-8142

Any help would be really aprpeciated.

2. migration wizard to PST

3. Lifecycle?

4. OWA 2000

5. Event Service Time Delay

6. Outlook/Exchange: view other Mailbox folders in activities view for public folder contacts

7. Outlook 2000 email to shared contact folder as activity

8. Using Public folders to store and track Contacts and Activities with those contacts