Determining if the user has set the "Out of Office" flag

Determining if the user has set the "Out of Office" flag

Post by Jason Cawthra » Thu, 18 Oct 2001 01:08:00

Greetings,

I am writting an application that I would like to utilize the out of office
functionality of Exchange. However I am having great difficulties in
determining what ADS attribute is used for this auto reply.  I would think
it is the autoReply attribute but it is not.

Is anyone doing this today and if so how?

Thanks
Jason Cawthray
Corel Corp.

Determining if the user has set the "Out of Office" flag

Post by Chris Scharff [MVP » Thu, 18 Oct 2001 06:53:55

On Tue, 16 Oct 2001 12:08:00 -0400, "Jason Cawthray"

>Greetings,

>I am writting an application that I would like to utilize the out of office
>functionality of Exchange. However I am having great difficulties in
>determining what ADS attribute is used for this auto reply.  I would think
>it is the autoReply attribute but it is not.

>Is anyone doing this today and if so how?

Check www.cdolive.com, I believe there's a code sample there which
basically does this.

Chris
--
Chris Scharff
Senior Sales Engineer

Exchange FAQs: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP » Thu, 18 Oct 2001 07:55:55

> I am writting an application that I would like to utilize the out of
office
> functionality of Exchange. However I am having great difficulties in
> determining what ADS attribute is used for this auto reply.  I would think
> it is the autoReply attribute but it is not.

> Is anyone doing this today and if so how?

This information is not stored in Active Directory. It is stored as property
of the mailbox itself. So, you need to logon to the mailbox and find it from
there. As Chris Scharff mentioned. Check http://www.cdolive.com for a
pointer.

--
<Siegfried />

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server
Co-author of "Professional CDO Programming", Wrox Press 1999

CDOLive - The Premier Resource for Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration
Application Development
http://www.cdolive.com

Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
discussion.
Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice.

1. Please Help""""""""""""""

Dear All

Could you tell me if any problems reported on Exchange 5.5 with SP4 on
Windows2000 Server and analogue connection (DUN)

The reason of this question because since I upgraded exchange 5.5 sp3 to 4
my e-mails stock in the queue for very very long time or not delivered at
all.

2. Message processing failed because there is not enough available

3. User Listed as "Out of Office"

4. message retrieval hiccup

5. "Search-Flags" - Schema: Exchange Server

6. Multi-Domain User

7. Having all "unassigned" addresses forwarded

8. ntbackup question with exchange

9. Public folders having "nnn records unread"

10. """"Microsoft Fax options""""

11. Users "loggin onto" other users mailboxes

12. Users can send "From" any user

13. ""Exchange in Win98 ?????""