Access DB linked to public folders contacts problem

Access DB linked to public folders contacts problem

Post by Mark Simo » Wed, 01 Nov 2000 13:29:47

Outlook is running in Corporate/Workgroup mode.

> Is Outlook running in Corporate/Workgroup or Internet Mail Only mode?
Check
> Help | About. I'm not sure it will make a difference, though.
> --
> Sue Mosher
> Author of
>   "Teach Yourself Microsoft Outlook 2000 Programming in 24 Hours"
>   "Microsoft Outlook 2000 E-mail and Fax Guide"

> Outlook and Exchange solutions at http://www.slipstick.com

> > I am trying to access a public folder with contacts in it through an
ODBC
> > connection using ADO from an ASP page.

> > I created an Access 2000 db and I linked a table to the Exchange public
> > folder that I want to access.
> > It works fine in Access and I can see the data. When I create an ODBC
> > connection and then try executing a query using ADO against the
> > linked table I get the following error:

> > Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
> > [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] There are no MAPI clients
> > installed on this machine. Install a MAPI client (like Outlook) on this
> > machine.

> > I have both Outlook 2000 and Outlook Express 5.0 installed on the
machine.
> > I've tried reinstalling Office, IE5.0, SP5 and the mdac but I can't get
it
> > to work. Outlook 2000 is set as the default simple MAPI client.

> > The line that generates the error is:

> > Set oRs = oCon.Execute("Select First,Last from allcontacts")

> > If I try to query another non-linked table I don't get the error.

> > I'm running NT Server 4.0 SP5 Exchange Server 5.5 with OWA installed.

> > Thanks,

> > Mark Simon

Access DB linked to public folders contacts problem

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Wed, 01 Nov 2000 13:31:22

I suspect that the linked tables just don't support ODBC or ADO connections.
It would be interesting to see if such connections work with other types of
linked folders.

> Outlook is running in Corporate/Workgroup mode.

> > Is Outlook running in Corporate/Workgroup or Internet Mail Only mode?
> Check
> > Help | About. I'm not sure it will make a difference, though.
> > --
> > Sue Mosher
> > Author of
> >   "Teach Yourself Microsoft Outlook 2000 Programming in 24 Hours"
> >   "Microsoft Outlook 2000 E-mail and Fax Guide"

> > Outlook and Exchange solutions at http://www.slipstick.com

> > > I am trying to access a public folder with contacts in it through an
> ODBC
> > > connection using ADO from an ASP page.

> > > I created an Access 2000 db and I linked a table to the Exchange
public
> > > folder that I want to access.
> > > It works fine in Access and I can see the data. When I create an ODBC
> > > connection and then try executing a query using ADO against the
> > > linked table I get the following error:

> > > Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
> > > [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] There are no MAPI clients
> > > installed on this machine. Install a MAPI client (like Outlook) on
this
> > > machine.

> > > I have both Outlook 2000 and Outlook Express 5.0 installed on the
> machine.
> > > I've tried reinstalling Office, IE5.0, SP5 and the mdac but I can't
get
> it
> > > to work. Outlook 2000 is set as the default simple MAPI client.

> > > The line that generates the error is:

> > > Set oRs = oCon.Execute("Select First,Last from allcontacts")

> > > If I try to query another non-linked table I don't get the error.

> > > I'm running NT Server 4.0 SP5 Exchange Server 5.5 with OWA installed.

> > > Thanks,

> > > Mark Simon

1. Access DB linked to public folders contacts problem

[...]

2. User forgot his PST password - now what?

3. Linking Public Folder Contacts to Access

4. Hide server recipients list from Outlook?

5. Linking public contacts folder to access 2000

6. exmerge

7. Linking Public Folder Contacts to Access

8. Undeliverable Messages

9. Contact List Linked to SQL DB

10. Linking Access to an public contacts.

11. Access linked table to Exchange folder (trying to get contacts onto the web)

12. Contacts folder as linked Access table errors

13. link public folder contacts to HTML page