Configure IIS to display newsgroups online

Configure IIS to display newsgroups online

Post by Daniel Wintsche » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 04:07:16

I am wondering if it is possible to configure IIS or the NNTP server to
display/read/post to the newsgroup online? Maybe this is a foolish question,
but it seems like this should be a somewhat standard feature... I know what
I am essentially talking about is a discussion forum, but is it not possible
to set this up automatically? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Configure IIS to display newsgroups online

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 13:58:05

Since you are posting to an Exchange forum I assume you want to know how to
enable an Exchange NNTP feed? I'd just use Outlook Web Access to access the
public folder and enable it as NNTP group.

--
<Cheers:Siegfried runat="server" />

Development Lead,

CDOLive LLC - The Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration Application Experts
http://www.cdolive.com

This information is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
You assume all risk for your use. ? 2003 CDOLive LLC. All rights reserved.
Sample code subject to http://www.cdolive.com/disclaim.htm