Custom form fields and scripting agent

Post by Richard Todhunte » Thu, 04 Mar 1999 04:00:00

My server side script deals with a form posted to a public folder based on
the value of a field. If the field value is X then do this, otherwise do
that, etc.
This works fine for a standard field (eg Subject) but gives the following
error for a custom field.

Object doesn't support this property or method

My custom field doesn't appear to be recognised. Any suggestions please.

Thanks
Richard.

Custom form fields and scripting agent

Post by Rick Spiewa » Thu, 04 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Sometimes a field in a custom form will appear not to be there if it is
empty.
Make sure that there is data in the field.

>My server side script deals with a form posted to a public folder based on
>the value of a field. If the field value is X then do this, otherwise do
>that, etc.
>This works fine for a standard field (eg Subject) but gives the following
>error for a custom field.

>Object doesn't support this property or method

>My custom field doesn't appear to be recognised. Any suggestions please.

>Thanks
>Richard.

1. Scripting Agent and Custom Fields in a WorkFlow

I am using the scripting agent to create a workflow application.  On a
customized form I allow users to enter a custom workflow for their
department.  This way it is not set in stone how the workflow works and
allows it to be more generalized for our entire corporation.  When users
fill out the workflow then post the form the events fire on the server.  I
have no problem with this, I take the first name on the list from the custom
form and then generate a message with voting buttons on it and before I send
it, I add some custom fields to store the originating messageID and
folderID, I then update the message and send it to the first recipient.  The
user receives the message no problem.  They either approve it or reject it,
which sends a message back to the public folder.  This is where the problem
occurs when the public folder receives the message the custom fields are no
longer there.  I need to know how I can persist the data contained within
those fields.  Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

2. MTA Errors

3. Importing default form fields into custom form fields?

4. Invisible Global Address List

5. Workflow Script Cannot Update Field In A Custom Outlook Form

6. planning to upgrade to exchange 2000

7. Custom Forms and Scripting Agents

8. SMTP Error.

9. custom fields appear in different form fields for different public folders

10. Custom Scripting Agent

11. Custom Scripting Agent, where is the IDL file?

12. export data from a form to sql server with script agent