Does Exchange IM work with MSN IM?

Post by Carlyle Smit » Thu, 11 Oct 2001 07:01:29

I have set up Exchange IM on my LAN and my users can chat with each other

add my user, they get a message that says user cannot be added because they
don't have a passport.

Is my configuration bad or am I trying to do something that can't be done?

Carlyle

Does Exchange IM work with MSN IM?

Post by Clau » Thu, 11 Oct 2001 13:11:38

In order to have outside users participate you have to create contacts.

> I have set up Exchange IM on my LAN and my users can chat with each other

> add my user, they get a message that says user cannot be added because
they
> don't have a passport.

> Is my configuration bad or am I trying to do something that can't be done?

> Carlyle

Does Exchange IM work with MSN IM?

Post by Carlyle Smit » Sat, 13 Oct 2001 03:54:14

So basically, it sounds like it doesn't work like I thought it would.  It
sounds like there isn't much reason for me to set this thing up if my users
wish to communicate with the outside world.  Instead they should each get a
passport and just use the regular program.

Bummer.

> In order to have outside users participate you have to create contacts.

> > I have set up Exchange IM on my LAN and my users can chat with each
other

> > add my user, they get a message that says user cannot be added because
> they
> > don't have a passport.

> > Is my configuration bad or am I trying to do something that can't be
done?

> > Carlyle

Does Exchange IM work with MSN IM?

Post by Clau » Sat, 13 Oct 2001 12:46:31

IM is not really designed for anything outside the corporate network. If yo
want something on the internet you can use the existing ones like ICQ or
Passport

> So basically, it sounds like it doesn't work like I thought it would.  It
> sounds like there isn't much reason for me to set this thing up if my
users
> wish to communicate with the outside world.  Instead they should each get
> passport and just use the regular program.

> Bummer.

> > In order to have outside users participate you have to create contacts.

> > > I have set up Exchange IM on my LAN and my users can chat with each
> other

> > > add my user, they get a message that says user cannot be added because
> > they
> > > don't have a passport.

> > > Is my configuration bad or am I trying to do something that can't be
> done?

> > > Carlyle

1. ??? Converting Windows 3.1 IM to Win95 IM, *.eml to Win95 IM

Greetings,

Several problems, but all relate to Internet Mail Client. As I was away for
a few days from my machine and wished to view and save my E-mail while at
various sites, saved them two different ways, as follows:

location 1 ... using IN 95, saved the messages as *.eml files to a floppy
disk

location2 ... using Windows 3.1 IN, saved messages, folders to a zip file.
viewing folders reveals each entry (i.e.: Raaaaadm.r), etc.

Now back home, unable to import either type, if you can help, please do, as
I need to update several folders with these messages received while I was
away ...

Thanks ...

2. GroupShield 4.5 - Sender of virus-infected message

3. How are attached files stored

4. web outlook installation

5. Replication of Mailboxes

6. MSN IM - Exchange 2000