Recipient Update Service Not working Correctly.

Recipient Update Service Not working Correctly.

Post by msnews.microsoft.co » Fri, 18 Jan 2002 02:19:37

I recently added a clustered pair of servers to the organization.  They
joined an existing server.  I moved the recipient update service onto one of
the new servers and when I create a new user with mailbox the RUS doesn't
make the showInAddressBook field on the new object. It will make the
proxyaddress change but not the showInAddressBook.

If I do a rebuild then showInAddressBook appears and all works perfectly.
If I do a forced update nothing futher happens and the showInAddressBook
remains missing.

I have on all the logging I can think of using and not finding the clues I
need to solve. Any Ideas?

1. AD not being updated correctly by Recipient Update Service

Hi,

Just recently an odd problem has appeared. When I create a
new user, the mailbox gets created, and the recipients
policies generate the correct email addresses. However
when I try and access the mailbox using Outlook 2000,
Outlook Express, or HTTP, the user cannot log on. In the
event viewer, there is a message that a certain attribute;
msExchUserAccountControl; could not be read.

The technet articles regarding this, say to rebuild the
recipient policies using the recipient update service. I
have done this, but the attribute is still not being set
correctly. If I go into ADSIEdit, and change the attribute
to a 0 (zero), the user can log on.

SP2 was applied recently to this server. I have checked
the settings on the RUS, and the correct servers are
listed there.

Does anyone have any ideas?

2. Problem when installing multiple Server

3. Exchange 2000 GAL not updated correctly (modified groups not listed correctly in Outlook)

4. Relay - Exchange 5.5 -SP3

5. recipient update service not working

6. mutiple organizations within 1 exchange server

7. Alternate Recipient not working correctly

8. OWA Changes

9. Recipient update services can't work

10. Recipient update services can't work!

11. Recipient update services can't work

12. Recipient Update Policy does not work

13. Recipient update does not work