Exchange 2000 server loses Domain Controller

Exchange 2000 server loses Domain Controller

Post by Nick » Sat, 05 Oct 2002 01:16:54

hello,
I have an exchange 2000 server installed. The setup is
simple; 1 ex2k server exSP3 + w2kSP2 and 1 w2k server SP2
as a DC. The server is under hardly any stress, between 7 -
 10 users! However my exchange server randomly loses
contact with my DC which in turn causes the exchange
server to stop functioning. A reboot cures it and there is
no common occurence that gives me any clues. I cannot see
any reason for this and have no helpful error message. Any
ideas anyone?

Exchange 2000 server loses Domain Controller

Post by Melissa Travers [MS » Tue, 08 Oct 2002 04:51:59

Hi Nick

I would look at my DNS settings.  This is most likely the culprit.

Please review the following article for detailed information

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q322/8/56.asp

Also check to see if you are getting any DSAccess errors in your application
log.  How many Global Catalogs do you have?  You may want to consider making
another DC a Global Catalog.  Both the Global Catalog and the Exchange
Server will require a reboot following this change.

Hope this helps

--
Melissa Travers, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

purposes only.

Quote:> hello,
> I have an exchange 2000 server installed. The setup is
> simple; 1 ex2k server exSP3 + w2kSP2 and 1 w2k server SP2
> as a DC. The server is under hardly any stress, between 7 -
>  10 users! However my exchange server randomly loses
> contact with my DC which in turn causes the exchange
> server to stop functioning. A reboot cures it and there is
> no common occurence that gives me any clues. I cannot see
> any reason for this and have no helpful error message. Any
> ideas anyone?

1. Need help Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000 server (2nd domain controller on domain)

Trying to install Backoffice and Exchange 5.5 on WIN2k Server.

Server is 2nd domain controller on one domain
Admin rights already set for exchange administrator to entire domain.

Server is member then promoted to 2nd domain controller of domain.
then I install Backoffice and will not install.

Tried readiness kit upgraded Site Server and installed FrontPage.
Server is SP1 already all updates applied prior to install.

Will not install past 55% both on BACKOFFICE and when I try to install only
Exchange 5.5 from 5th CD.

HELP

2. Relay Mail

3. Changing the domain controller server used by Exchange server 2000

4. notification message AND auto-reply???

5. Auto Client Migration

6. Exchange 5.5 E-Mail Blast Problem

7. Moving Exchange 2000 Server from old Domain Controller to new Member Server

8. Moving Exchange 2000 from Domain Controller to a member server

9. Installing Exchange 2000 Server on a Win 2K Domain Controller

10. Moving exchange 2000 from Domain Controller to Member server

11. Exchange Server as Windows 2000 domain controller