Another new error message from exchange 2000

Another new error message from exchange 2000

Post by jess » Thu, 09 Nov 2000 04:00:00

If anybody has any idea what these mean, please reply

A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients  4.4.6

or

The message was not delivered because it is larger than the current system limit  5.2.3

I have already checked if any limits on the connectors and there are none??

please help

Another new error message from exchange 2000

Post by Andy Web » Thu, 09 Nov 2000 04:00:00

4.4.6 - indicates a mail loop
5.2.3 - is that from an inbound or outbound message?  looks like from an outbound message meaning it's on someone elses system.

Simpler-Webb, Inc.  Austin, TX  "Mauve has more RAM" -Dilbert
Exchange FAQ   -   http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

  If anybody has any idea what these mean, please reply

  A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients  4.4.6

  or

  The message was not delivered because it is larger than the current system limit  5.2.3

  I have already checked if any limits on the connectors and there are none??

  please help

Another new error message from exchange 2000

Post by jess » Sat, 11 Nov 2000 04:00:00

how can i get a list of the errors
how can i tell what system it is on

  4.4.6 - indicates a mail loop
  5.2.3 - is that from an inbound or outbound message?  looks like from an outbound message meaning it's on someone elses system.

  Simpler-Webb, Inc.  Austin, TX  "Mauve has more RAM" -Dilbert
  Exchange FAQ   -   http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

    If anybody has any idea what these mean, please reply

    A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients  4.4.6

    or

    The message was not delivered because it is larger than the current system limit  5.2.3

    I have already checked if any limits on the connectors and there are none??

    please help

Another new error message from exchange 2000

Post by Andy Web » Tue, 14 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Well, you could just start running the tests.  Set the delivery limits and then see what errors you get.  For the previous mail, look at the domain you're sending to, and simulate sending a large message.  The errors will be in more than one place on the server, so there isn't really any way to get at them in one easy way.

[...]

1. Another new error message from exchange 2000

If anybody has any idea what these mean, please reply

A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients  4.4.6

or

The message was not delivered because it is larger than the current system limit  5.2.3

I have already checked if any limits on the connectors and there are none??

please help

2. MAD.exe, WMI Services

3. Newgroups into public folders...

4. New Exchange 2000 error messages

5. Schedule mails

6. No AppointmentItem object available in VB6

7. New SBS2K install - Exchange Recreating Messages as New on 2000 Professional PC's

8. I keep getting this error message when I exit Windows Messaging (new version of exchange)

9. Outlook 2000 notifies of new message, but message never appears

10. Error with new setup Exchange 2000 and OWA Client