System Attendant Error

Post by Kevi » Fri, 17 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Subject: System Attendant error
Date: Wednesday, November 15, 2000 3:28 PM

I have a member server that I loaded exchange 2000 on and the only other
server on the network is the domain controller running Win2000 active
directory. It worked fine until I connected my network to the internet and
now the System Attendant service won't start. I enable diagnostic logging
and
the I got the following error in event viewer;

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess
Event Category: None
Event ID: 2071
Date: 11/14/2000
Time: 6:53:36 PM
User: N/A
Computer: SERVER02
Process MAD.EXE" (PID=1216). All the remote Domain
Controller Servers in use are not responding.

But, the domain controller responds to everything else! logon, etc... I
thought it might be a dns problem, but I can resolve the domain controllers
name just fine.

any ideas???

Date: 11/14/2000
Time: 6:53:36 PM
User: N/A
Computer: SERVER02
Process MAD.EXE" (PID=1216). All the remote Domain
Controller Servers in use are not responding.

But, the domain controller responds to everything else! logon, etc... I
thought it might be a dns problem, but I can resolve the domain controllers
name just fine.

any ideas???

System Attendant Error

Post by Brett Pric » Fri, 24 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Can U refresh the logon account for the service ?.

Quote:> I have a member server that I loaded exchange 2000 on and the only other
> server on the network is the domain controller running Win2000 active
> directory. It worked fine until I connected my network to the internet and
> now the System Attendant service won't start. I enable diagnostic logging
> and
> the I got the following error in event viewer;

> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 2071
> Date: 11/14/2000
> Time: 6:53:36 PM
> User: N/A
> Computer: SERVER02
> Process MAD.EXE" (PID=1216). All the remote Domain
> Controller Servers in use are not responding.

> But, the domain controller responds to everything else! logon, etc... I
> thought it might be a dns problem, but I can resolve the domain
controllers
> name just fine.

> any ideas???

System Attendant Error

Post by Brett Pric » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 04:00:00

I recently came across and article that stated if two Exchange_EventsConfig containers exist in
I beleive
Public folders that the SA will not start. The Doc recommended
renaming one before deleting either one or U can't delete.
I hope this is the case for your problem.
--
Brett Price
Exchange/NT Administrator

Quote:> I have a member server that I loaded exchange 2000 on and the only other
> server on the network is the domain controller running Win2000 active
> directory. It worked fine until I connected my network to the internet and
> now the System Attendant service won't start. I enable diagnostic logging
> and
> the I got the following error in event viewer;

> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 2071
> Date: 11/14/2000
> Time: 6:53:36 PM
> User: N/A
> Computer: SERVER02
> Process MAD.EXE" (PID=1216). All the remote Domain
> Controller Servers in use are not responding.

> But, the domain controller responds to everything else! logon, etc... I
> thought it might be a dns problem, but I can resolve the domain controllers
> name just fine.

> any ideas???

System Attendant Error

Post by Michae » Mon, 04 Dec 2000 04:00:00

I have been having similiar problems,
what do you mean by two Exchange_EventsConfig containser in the Public
Folders. How would I be able to remove one.

Michel Niessner

Quote:> I recently came across and article that stated if two

Exchange_EventsConfig containers exist in
> I beleive
> Public folders that the SA will not start. The Doc recommended
> renaming one before deleting either one or U can't delete.
> I hope this is the case for your problem.
> --
> Brett Price
> Exchange/NT Administrator

> > I have a member server that I loaded exchange 2000 on and the only other
> > server on the network is the domain controller running Win2000 active
> > directory. It worked fine until I connected my network to the internet
and
> > now the System Attendant service won't start. I enable diagnostic
logging
> > and
> > the I got the following error in event viewer;

> > Event Type: Error
> > Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess
> > Event Category: None
> > Event ID: 2071
> > Date: 11/14/2000
> > Time: 6:53:36 PM
> > User: N/A
> > Computer: SERVER02
> > Process MAD.EXE" (PID=1216). All the remote Domain
> > Controller Servers in use are not responding.

> > But, the domain controller responds to everything else! logon, etc... I
> > thought it might be a dns problem, but I can resolve the domain
controllers
> > name just fine.

> > any ideas???

System Attendant Error

Post by Brett Pric » Tue, 05 Dec 2000 04:00:00

U would see two with the same name if this was the case.
If only one shows then this is obviously not the problem.
I think this is a System Folders object container.
--
Brett Price
Exchange/NT Administrator

Quote:> I have a member server that I loaded exchange 2000 on and the only other
> server on the network is the domain controller running Win2000 active
> directory. It worked fine until I connected my network to the internet and
> now the System Attendant service won't start. I enable diagnostic logging
> and
> the I got the following error in event viewer;

> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 2071
> Date: 11/14/2000
> Time: 6:53:36 PM
> User: N/A
> Computer: SERVER02
> Process MAD.EXE" (PID=1216). All the remote Domain
> Controller Servers in use are not responding.

> But, the domain controller responds to everything else! logon, etc... I
> thought it might be a dns problem, but I can resolve the domain controllers
> name just fine.

> any ideas???

1. IS and System Attendant Errors

This is the message I get after installing E2K on a new server that is a
member server in a existing domain , after the setup program says that
Exchange has successfully been installed ..

'The action could not be completed because the Microsoft Exchange
Information Store service is unavailable.Be sure the service is running and
you have network connectivity to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer"

Operation: Retrieving mount information
ID no: c1041721
Exchange System Manager

After perusing through the services on control panel , the following was
evident.

Microsoft Exchange Event - not started , starts manually
Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 - not started , auto-startup
Microsoft Exchange Information Store - not started , auto-startup
Microsoft Exchange MTA Stacks - not started , auto-startup
Microsoft Exchange POP3 - not started , auto-startup
Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine - not started , auto-startup
Microsft Exchange Site Replication Service - not started , disabled
Microsoft Exchange System Attendant - not started , auto-startup

If I try starting the MS Exchange System Attendant service manually , I get
the following error :

"Could not start the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service on Local
Computer.The service did not return an error.This could be an internal
Windows error or an internal service error.If the problem persists , contact
your system administrator"

Once again , this is after a fresh install of Ms Windows 2000 Advanced
server , making it a member server , installing Exchange off the SBS 2000 Cd
3 , or is it that one has to install Win2k , E2k and all components of SBS
2000 on one physical machine.Currently I do not want to install Exchange on
the Domain Controller but on the member server and Exchange was never
installed on the Domain Controller.

Help will very much be appreciated.

2. automatic generation address etc..

3. System attendant error

4. Emails rejected

5. System Attendant errors

6. failover?

7. System attendant error

8. empty containers in ABV

9. System Attendant error

10. Exchange System Attendant errors in Event Log

11. System Attendant Error 0005: Access is Denied

12. OWA System Attendant Error

13. System Attendant error