Why does it not allow outlook to run for users

Why does it not allow outlook to run for users

Post by MrEd » Thu, 14 Nov 2002 05:22:41

I have 150 W2k workstations (native mode) most are cloned with Office 2000.
I have Exchange 2000 on the server and all works well.  However, When my
users first use Outlook it wont run unless I logon as an Administrator and
run it first.  After that it works okay.  Why do I have to logon first?
Everything is set-up for my users and works just fine after I logon but this
is ridicules having to go round every machine on a very large site and logon
as an administrator just to get an application to work for my users.

Any thoughts?

Edd

Why does it not allow outlook to run for users

Post by MrEd » Sun, 17 Nov 2002 08:34:10

I Guess nobody knows huh?
Edd

Quote:> I have 150 W2k workstations (native mode) most are cloned with Office
2000.
> I have Exchange 2000 on the server and all works well.  However, When my
> users first use Outlook it wont run unless I logon as an Administrator and
> run it first.  After that it works okay.  Why do I have to logon first?
> Everything is set-up for my users and works just fine after I logon but
this
> is ridicules having to go round every machine on a very large site and
logon
> as an administrator just to get an application to work for my users.

> Any thoughts?

> Edd

1. Outlook Web Access not allowing Domain Users access to mailboxes

Hi -

our OWA server is suddenly not allowing Domain Users access to their
Mailboxes. Domain Admins with Mailboxes can access their mailboxes fine.
Lots of Event ID:100's from the W3SVC logged. Any Ideas?

 So far tried resyncying with PDC from the webserver (which is a BDC),
stopped restarded Default Web Site and WWW service, played with permissions
in directories which hold the OWA files.

Thanks -

Jim

2. Moving Mail from Exchange 5.5 to 2K

3. Importing list to Outlook PUBLIC folders - why won't O'look allow this

4. Log File Reader/Viewer?

5. Event Reg Failure: Not allowed to run in-proc -2141913011

6. Product ID in Exch 2000

7. Urgent - Event reg failed - not allowed to run in-proc

8. POP3 to SMTP Question

9. Is there a way to have exchange running but not allowed to accept or send mail

10. Why is Outlook suddenly running slow?

11. Why do Exchange/Outlook Rules fail to run?

12. How to not allow emails from users to internet emails address

13. How do I Allow certain users SMTP and not others