Does anyone have any ideas? Entry ID Failure

Does anyone have any ideas? Entry ID Failure

Post by Stan Zie » Thu, 15 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I have just installed CDO on my Exchange 5.5.  I installed SP2 and upgraded
Outlook to OL98 (8.5.5603.0).  I finally got CDO to pop up the Agents tab,
and was successful in getting a script to write to a file.  I was feeling
pretty good about myself, and then things stopped working.

When I tried to pull out message information, trouble.  I use
EventDetails.Session, EventDetails.FolderID, and EventDetails.MessageID to
get the session object and respective ID's.  No error there.  But, whenever
I try to set either the folder or message object using the
session.GetFolder(folderID, Null) or session.GetMessage(messageID, Null)
commands, Exchange calls an error:

Session.GetMessage Failed:  [MAPI - [MAPI_E_UNKNOWN_ENTRYID(80040201)]]:
----OR----
Session.GetFolder Failed:  [MAPI - [MAPI_E_UNKNOWN_ENTRYID(80040201)]]:

(This message is generated by the 'GetEventDetails' Function of the Expense
Agent Script from Rizzo's Programming Outlook and Exchange book - modified
to not call the CheckTotal Function  - Chapter 12 if anyone is interested)

I looked in MS help for this error, and I got some indication that
synchronization is involved, but I don't have a clue what this means.

Can anyone help??? I'd really appreciate some direction to move on this...

Thanks,

Stan Zieg

Does anyone have any ideas? Entry ID Failure

Post by Eric Steven » Fri, 16 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Stan,

        Set CDOSession = EventDetails.Session
        Set origMsg = CDOSession.GetMessage(EventDetails.MessageID,Null)

  I think all you need to is add "EventDetails" inside your "GetMessage"
object call

Hope this helps

Eric

Does anyone have any ideas? Entry ID Failure

Post by Stan Zie » Fri, 16 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I believe that I am already doing this.   Here is a snip from the CDO code:

 Dim idTargetFolder
 Dim idTargetMessage

 idTargetFolder = EventDetails.FolderID
 idTargetMessage = EventDetails.MessageID
 Err.Clear
 Set AMSession = EventDetails.Session
    If Err.Number = 0 Then
           Set msgTarget = AMSession.GetMessage( idTargetMessage, Null )
           If Not Err.Number = 0 Then
                  WriteToLog 0,"Session.GetMessage Failed: " &
Err.Description
           End If
    Else
           WriteToLog 0,"EventDetails.Session Failed: " & Err.Description
 End If
The WriteToLog subroutine appends the statement to Script.Response, and the
following statement results when a message is processed.

7/15/99 9:01:21 PM Session.GetMessage Failed:  [MAPI -
[MAPI_E_UNKNOWN_ENTRYID(80040201)]]:
7/15/99 9:01:21 PM GetEventDetails Failed:

As I said in my original post, I am able to write to a file without error
from a CDO script, so this is a problem with accessing the message objects
from CDO.

>Stan,

>        Set CDOSession = EventDetails.Session
>        Set origMsg = CDOSession.GetMessage(EventDetails.MessageID,Null)

>  I think all you need to is add "EventDetails" inside your "GetMessage"
>object call

>Hope this helps

>Eric

1. Message failure mail, anyone have any ideas

One of my remote users has had this sent from exchange when trying to send
a mail to an internal employee. Any ideas what it mean, first time i have
seen the message.