Reading Exchange Directory via LDAP or Access..

Reading Exchange Directory via LDAP or Access..

Post by Rob Steve » Thu, 27 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hi guys/gals

Having just started working with exchange, theres a couple of things
I'd really like to do.

Firstly, I'd like to be able to retrieve info about users, such as
full names, telephone numbers, employee id etc, to place in web pages
on my new intranet. This, I presume, is where LDAP and active server
pages come in, but as of yet I've found no real info on how to do it..

Secondly, as the exchange information store is a form of jet database,
Is it possible to query the store to find similar information to my
first question ?

Thanks in advance..

-Rob Stevens-

System Manager VMS/NT
DERA Farnborough

My opinions do not reflect those of my employer

Reading Exchange Directory via LDAP or Access..

Post by ADEL ALZAROUN » Sat, 29 Nov 1997 04:00:00

If you have setup Exchange to integrate with IIS 3.0 then you can retrieve
users INFO using Windows Address book (which uses LDAP) . you will need to
setup appropriate permissions though.

Quote:> Hi guys/gals

> Having just started working with exchange, theres a couple of things
> I'd really like to do.

> Firstly, I'd like to be able to retrieve info about users, such as
> full names, telephone numbers, employee id etc, to place in web pages
> on my new intranet. This, I presume, is where LDAP and active server
> pages come in, but as of yet I've found no real info on how to do it..

1. Reading Exchange Directory via LDAP or Access..

Hi guys/gals

Having just started working with exchange, theres a couple of things
I'd really like to do.

Firstly, I'd like to be able to retrieve info about users, such as
full names, telephone numbers, employee id etc, to place in web pages
on my new intranet. This, I presume, is where LDAP and active server
pages come in, but as of yet I've found no real info on how to do it..

Secondly, as the exchange information store is a form of jet database,
Is it possible to query the store to find similar information to my
first question ?

Thanks in advance..

-Rob Stevens-

System Manager VMS/NT
DERA Farnborough

My opinions do not reflect those of my employer

2. X400 Errors with Exchange

3. POP3 Client receive mail time out

4. Accessing Exchange Directories via LDAP

5. MSExchangeDSAccess ID 2075 2064

6. accessing exchange directory via LDAP

7. How to access a connector′s MTS-OUT folder via url / CDO ?

8. accessing Exchange Class via LDAP and ADO

9. Accessing Exchange via LDAP protocol

10. Accessing Exchange via VBscript &LDAP

11. Accessing Exchange via LDAP protocol

12. need help with migrating from internet directory ldap via dsl on exch 2000