rehomed public folders not visible on new Exchange2k

rehomed public folders not visible on new Exchange2k

Post by Sascha Gop » Sun, 27 Apr 2003 22:20:21

Hi,
According to KB-article 307917 I wanted a new ExchangeServer to be our main
server.
I set up a new Exchange 2k-preSp4 on W2kpre-Sp4 Server made him to a
AD-member server a.s.o.
I can move users from one site to the new one but according to the
KB-article 288150 iI checked if rehoming the public folders would work.
For the first view, everything is fine, replication status is "In Sync" but
a moved user cannot see any of the public folders from the old server
neither in Outlook nor in OWA. BUT: A created folder on the new server is
visible on the old server after synchronizing!
I tried to synchronize manually, everything means "OK" but nothing helped.
I cannot believe in this behaviour to be "by design" and now Im unsure to
really remove the old server....

Any good idea?

THNX - Sascha

rehomed public folders not visible on new Exchange2k

Post by Peter Kaufma » Mon, 28 Apr 2003 14:07:37

I had something similar that took 24 hours to sort itself out. If
there is still a problem after that, then sorry, I cannot be of any
more help.

Peter Kaufman, MCP

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 15:20:21 +0200, "Sascha Gopf"

>Hi,
>According to KB-article 307917 I wanted a new ExchangeServer to be our main
>server.
>I set up a new Exchange 2k-preSp4 on W2kpre-Sp4 Server made him to a
>AD-member server a.s.o.
>I can move users from one site to the new one but according to the
>KB-article 288150 iI checked if rehoming the public folders would work.
>For the first view, everything is fine, replication status is "In Sync" but
>a moved user cannot see any of the public folders from the old server
>neither in Outlook nor in OWA. BUT: A created folder on the new server is
>visible on the old server after synchronizing!
>I tried to synchronize manually, everything means "OK" but nothing helped.
>I cannot believe in this behaviour to be "by design" and now Im unsure to
>really remove the old server....

>Any good idea?

>THNX - Sascha

1. rehomed public folders not visible on new Exchange2k

Hi,
According to KB-article 307917 I wanted a new ExchangeServer to be our main
server.
I set up a new Exchange 2k-preSp4 on W2kpre-Sp4 Server made him to a
AD-member server a.s.o.
I can move users from one site to the new one but according to the
KB-article 288150 I checked if rehoming the public folders would work.
For the first view, everything is fine, replication status was "In Sync"
(see the PS!) but
a moved user cannot see any of the public folders from the old server
neither in Outlook nor in OWA. BUT: A created folder on the new server is
visible on the old server after synchronizing!
I tried to synchronize manually, everything means "OK" but nothing helped.
I cannot believe in this behaviour to be "by design" and now Im unsure to
really remove the old server....

Any good idea?

THNX - Sascha

PS1: Some PF are in state "locally changed" although I set them to "always
synchronize" and "urgent" and I, waiting for 3 hours now! There is
something wrong in the state...!

PS2: I moved 2 testusers, their outlook took the new exchange for itselfs!
But they getthe "Schedule+ Free/Busy System Folder is missing"-message. Yes
of course: Under the "Free/busy" entry on the new XS ther is no "EX:/o=...."
entry and the state is for the new server: "locally changed"!

2. Destination SMTP address is queued with host domain

3. Recipient policy question

4. Front Page Exchange Discussion - Script runtime error '800a01a8'

5. can not send outgoing emails

6. Replicated public folders not visible from new server

7. New Puclic Folder-Structure not visible