Exchange Server 2000 Maintenance

Post by Mike Mood » Fri, 08 Nov 2002 22:58:45

Could someone please send me a checklist of preventative
maintenance for Exchange Server 2000? Or atleast send a
link that would help me explore some options. Any
assistance would be a great help.

Thanks,

-mbm
Michael Moody
Asst. Director Of IT

Exchange Server 2000 Maintenance

Post by Moron » Wed, 13 Nov 2002 02:23:21

Thanks for all the help!... I guess I need to use other
resources for such a difficult question. Morons! A simple
test to see how well you all respond. No one simply could
come through? I guess people would be mislead if they were
told to use this site for support.

Post by Mark Fugat » Wed, 13 Nov 2002 02:49:27

I did not see your original post, so was unable to respond.

The other issue is you have not provided enough information, such as how
many server, how many sites, is it clustered or not, enterprise or standard.

But seeing as how we are all morons, I would doubt anyone would feel obliged
to provide you with any assistance.

By the way, did you think of searching Google, I came up with a number of
documents that provide this kind of information.

--
Mark Fugatt
Pentech Office Solutions Inc

> Thanks for all the help!... I guess I need to use other
> resources for such a difficult question. Morons! A simple
> test to see how well you all respond. No one simply could
> come through? I guess people would be mislead if they were
> told to use this site for support.

1. 2000 Exh Server hangs after IS maintenance starts

Compaq Proliant ML330 733 mhz , 256mb memory with Viking II 4.5 gb system
drive, 9.1 gb data drive. Clean install of Win 2000 Server . SP1 installed.
Clean install of Exchange 2000. Brand new site. 25 users.light to medium
usage. System has been up for 5 days now. 3 times now , the system hangs
after beginning the online defrag and IS clean routines ( default start time
is 1 am thru 5 am ) .  Twice the maintenance routine starts and completes
( over the course of several hours )  w/o incident. Tonight I configure IS
maintenance schedule to start at 10:30 pm  for just one 15 minute interval
( on both pri & pub ) . no outrageous memory or cpu usage; yet system hangs
before 15 minutes is even up . Clearly something about the maintanence
routine is causing the system to hang. So, for such a small site , can i
completely disable IS maintanence??
Or what else do i look at.
--

Jason Smidt

2. Internet Mail & Exchange

3. Exchange 2000 maintenance/housekeeping

4. LDAP EXCHANGE ADDRESSES HELP

5. Exchange 2000 Maintenance

6. Organizational chart application !!

7. Exchange 2000 maintenance

8. Stop mail from internet

9. Exchange 2000 NNTP log maintenance?

10. Basic 2000 Maintenance

11. Exh 2000 "In maintenance mode"

12. Exchange Server Maintenance

13. Question regarding Exchange Server Maintenance