Can't send e-mail to certain users in OWA

Can't send e-mail to certain users in OWA

Post by Brian Hol » Thu, 27 Jun 2002 05:13:39



I'm having a problem I hope someone has come across before...

Here's the scenario:

1. You're in OWA and you do a Contact search for a user and address a
message based on the search (hit the To button to add the contact to the To
address field)
2. Message is sent but sender immediately gets a non-delivery report with
the following:

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

  (recipient's name" on 6/24/2002 11:33 PM
  The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was
sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find
out the correct address.
  <server.domain.com #5.1.1>

The recipient has a valid active directory account and Exchange address.
This is only happening for a few recipients.  Most work fine.  If you
address the message with the full address of the recipient

logs indicating a problem.  I found a Technet article saying to check the
SMTP message format settings and they look okay.  Any ideas?  Thanks a lot
for any help you can provide.

 
 
 

Can't send e-mail to certain users in OWA

Post by Max Ciccotosto [MS » Thu, 27 Jun 2002 11:03:48


This maybe also a replication delay issue.  Can this be the case? Do you
have a topology with multiple GCs? Have you moved this recipients around?

Max

--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.


> I'm having a problem I hope someone has come across before...

> Here's the scenario:

> 1. You're in OWA and you do a Contact search for a user and address a
> message based on the search (hit the To button to add the contact to the
To
> address field)
> 2. Message is sent but sender immediately gets a non-delivery report with
> the following:

> The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

>   (recipient's name" on 6/24/2002 11:33 PM
>   The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was
> sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to
find
> out the correct address.
>   <server.domain.com #5.1.1>

> The recipient has a valid active directory account and Exchange address.
> This is only happening for a few recipients.  Most work fine.  If you
> address the message with the full address of the recipient

> logs indicating a problem.  I found a Technet article saying to check the
> SMTP message format settings and they look okay.  Any ideas?  Thanks a lot
> for any help you can provide.


 
 
 

Can't send e-mail to certain users in OWA

Post by Ace Feka » Fri, 28 Jun 2002 05:35:14




Quote:> This maybe also a replication delay issue.  Can this be the case? Do you
> have a topology with multiple GCs? Have you moved this recipients around?

> Max

> --
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.

Also have a question: Have the permissions on the GAL been altered in any
way for any of the users?

Ace

 
 
 

Can't send e-mail to certain users in OWA

Post by Brian Hol » Sat, 29 Jun 2002 01:00:04


No, no permissions were altered.




> > This maybe also a replication delay issue.  Can this be the case? Do you
> > have a topology with multiple GCs? Have you moved this recipients
around?

> > Max

> > --
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights.

> Also have a question: Have the permissions on the GAL been altered in any
> way for any of the users?

> Ace

 
 
 

Can't send e-mail to certain users in OWA

Post by Brian Hol » Sat, 29 Jun 2002 01:03:52


This could be a possibility.  We have been having some replication issues.
We do have multiple GC's.  I'm not sure what you mean by moving the
recipients around.  If you mean have we moved any of them to a different
Exchange server then no we have not moved them.  We only have the one
Exchange server.  Any additional advice?  Thanks for your help!



> This maybe also a replication delay issue.  Can this be the case? Do you
> have a topology with multiple GCs? Have you moved this recipients around?

> Max

> --
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.



> > I'm having a problem I hope someone has come across before...

> > Here's the scenario:

> > 1. You're in OWA and you do a Contact search for a user and address a
> > message based on the search (hit the To button to add the contact to the
> To
> > address field)
> > 2. Message is sent but sender immediately gets a non-delivery report
with
> > the following:

> > The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

> >   (recipient's name" on 6/24/2002 11:33 PM
> >   The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was
> > sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to
> find
> > out the correct address.
> >   <server.domain.com #5.1.1>

> > The recipient has a valid active directory account and Exchange address.
> > This is only happening for a few recipients.  Most work fine.  If you
> > address the message with the full address of the recipient

event
> > logs indicating a problem.  I found a Technet article saying to check
the
> > SMTP message format settings and they look okay.  Any ideas?  Thanks a
lot
> > for any help you can provide.

 
 
 

Can't send e-mail to certain users in OWA

Post by Ace Feka » Sat, 29 Jun 2002 13:53:20



Quote:> This could be a possibility.  We have been having some replication issues.
> We do have multiple GC's.  I'm not sure what you mean by moving the
> recipients around.  If you mean have we moved any of them to a different
> Exchange server then no we have not moved them.  We only have the one
> Exchange server.  Any additional advice?  Thanks for your help!

Well, Replication issues usually point to a misconfigured DNS configuration.
I do hope that your DCs and clients are all pointing to the DNS server
hosting your AD zone and not have your ISP's DNS address in there?

Ace