Dead in the water! Can anyone help! Please! Please! Please

Dead in the water! Can anyone help! Please! Please! Please

Post by Sam Y » Fri, 18 Jan 2002 01:41:30

Hello,

A real disaster recovery that went FUBAR! Anyone with any info, please help!

It's a small client site. So Exchange 2000 and W2K DC is on the same
machine. Disaster strike last night. Both DC (there was a backup) was
infected by virus and die! Total rebuild from scratch. The biggest problem
is that the Active directory was not backup. Therefore, Exchange 2000
disaster rebuild was not available. All I have now is a full backup of the
Exchange 2000 mailbox and public folder that was backup by using ntbackup.
Is there any tool out there that will allow me to pull mails out of this
file?? Or somehow restore that file? Please help!!

Sam

Dead in the water! Can anyone help! Please! Please! Please

Post by Tony » Fri, 18 Jan 2002 05:45:17

Install Exchange 2000 and use the exact same Organization Name,
Administrative group name, storage group name and mailbox store name.
Dont mount the databases.  On the properties of the databases find the check
the "This database can be overwritten by a backup"
Restore your Exchange Storage Group from the backup.  (Make sure to check
"This is the last backup set")  You will need to recreate the user accounts
and then reconnect them to the mailbox once the restore is done.  (Or use
the mdbconn tool from the Exchange 2000 CD)

> Hello,

> A real disaster recovery that went FUBAR! Anyone with any info, please
help!

> It's a small client site. So Exchange 2000 and W2K DC is on the same
> machine. Disaster strike last night. Both DC (there was a backup) was
> infected by virus and die! Total rebuild from scratch. The biggest problem
> is that the Active directory was not backup. Therefore, Exchange 2000
> disaster rebuild was not available. All I have now is a full backup of the
> Exchange 2000 mailbox and public folder that was backup by using ntbackup.
> Is there any tool out there that will allow me to pull mails out of this
> file?? Or somehow restore that file? Please help!!

> Sam

Dead in the water! Can anyone help! Please! Please! Please

Post by Sam Y » Sat, 19 Jan 2002 04:02:24

Tony,

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! That darn check box killed me.
Everything is restore. Thank you again!!

Sam

> Install Exchange 2000 and use the exact same Organization Name,
> Administrative group name, storage group name and mailbox store name.
> Dont mount the databases.  On the properties of the databases find the
check
> the "This database can be overwritten by a backup"
> Restore your Exchange Storage Group from the backup.  (Make sure to check
> "This is the last backup set")  You will need to recreate the user
accounts
> and then reconnect them to the mailbox once the restore is done.  (Or use
> the mdbconn tool from the Exchange 2000 CD)

> > Hello,

> > A real disaster recovery that went FUBAR! Anyone with any info, please
> help!

> > It's a small client site. So Exchange 2000 and W2K DC is on the same
> > machine. Disaster strike last night. Both DC (there was a backup) was
> > infected by virus and die! Total rebuild from scratch. The biggest
problem
> > is that the Active directory was not backup. Therefore, Exchange 2000
> > disaster rebuild was not available. All I have now is a full backup of
the
> > Exchange 2000 mailbox and public folder that was backup by using
ntbackup.
> > Is there any tool out there that will allow me to pull mails out of this
> > file?? Or somehow restore that file? Please help!!

> > Sam

1. BIG PROBLEMS Please Help Please Help Please Help Please Help

2 days ago I had a Hard Drive crash on my exchange server <<<< no big deal
it was Raid 5
but after some inspection I found that the RAID backplane was screwed so a
discussion was made to create a new server and put Exchange on it.
No big Deal, configured the server renamed the old on server which was SPOCK
to SPOCK1 named the new server SPOCK now SPOCK1 is/was a BDC the new Spock
is not E-mail is up and running fine but I have noticed some residual
problems. Anywhere I had given a local group access to a mailbox they can no
longer see it. It tells them that no do not have permission to view the
mailbox. Any Ideas? please this has me stumped
If I need to make this a BDC is there any way to make a normal server a BDC
with having to completely reinstall?

Please help

2. Logging SMTP mail delivery

3. Please help, PLEASE PLEASE

4. OWA installation

5. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

6. How do I changing the service account on Exchange 2000

7. Distribution List Help Please Help Please Help

8. HOWTO: Intercept calender reminders

9. please help me with installing claint CDO please

10. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

11. Please, Please, HELP!

12. offline defrag, please please help

13. Can't receive email - PLEASE PLEASE HELP