Public Free/Busy

Post by Ken Gree » Wed, 04 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I am starting to get this error just the other day. Have not yet figured
this one out as I have not found anything on TechNet or M'soft site.

"Unable to update public free/busy data. You do not have sufficent
permission to perform this operation on this object.
See the folder contact or your System Administrator."

I am the sys admin and yet I do not have a clue of what may have
changed.

Any one have any ideas.

Thanks in advance.

Public Free/Busy

Post by Amiri Jone » Fri, 06 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> I am starting to get this error just the other day. Have not yet figured
> this one out as I have not found anything on TechNet or M'soft site.

> "Unable to update public free/busy data. You do not have sufficent
> permission to perform this operation on this object.
> See the folder contact or your System Administrator."

        Check the Client Permissions for the folder while in admin and make sure
the Default role is Editor.  That might fix your problem.

Public Free/Busy

Post by Ken Gree » Fri, 06 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Thanks that did the trick. Most of the 80 or so users do not have the problem any
long. But a few are getting just "Unable to update public free/busy data" without
all the other stuff.

Any ideas on these few users

Post by Luca » Tue, 10 Mar 1998 04:00:00

>Thanks that did the trick. Most of the 80 or so users do not have the problem any
>long. But a few are getting just "Unable to update public free/busy data" without
>all the other stuff.

>Any ideas on these few users

is there anything in common with the users?
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Lucas Sherwood
Web Developer
Balanced IT Services

ICQ:7639142

When replying via e-mail remove the .NOSPAM from my e-mail address

1. Unable to update public free/busy data

Does anyone have a copy of the fbfix.zip file described in
the knowledgebase article "XADM: Error Message Updating
Free and Busy Data in Exchange 2000 Server (Q286783)"

If so can they pleas email it to me or post it to this
group. I can't seem to work out where else to get it from.

Thanks in advance

Warren Lester

2. problems with OWA for exchange 2k

3. Unable to update public free busy

4. Event Viewer error 12003

5. Unable to update public free/busy data.

6. NNTP Newgroups

7. Unable to update public free/busy data

8. problems with sending email

9. unable to update public free/busy data

10. Unable to Update public free/busy.....

11. Public Free/Busy problem...

12. Unable to update public free.busy data after E2k Upgrade

13. Help!! Public/Free Busy Data