Multi site, multi domain, 5.5 and 2000 question

Multi site, multi domain, 5.5 and 2000 question

Post by Martin Port » Sat, 15 Jun 2002 17:54:50

Dear all,

I have 2 NT4 Domains (DOMAINA and DOMAINB) that trust each other. Each
domain runs a separate site of Exchange 5.5 with site connectors. I
have recently setup a 3rd Windows 2000 Domain (DOMAIN2k) which has a 2
way trust with DOMAINB.

I then installed exchange 2000 onto a server in DOMAIN2k, adding it
into the existing exchange 5.5 site of DOMAINB. Using the ADC, I
populated the AD of the domain and then succesfully moved a mailbox
from the exchange 5.5 server to the exchange 2000 server. I have
managed to replicate puiblic folders from the exchange 5.5 server onto
the 2000 server OK.

The problem is that, when I open the moved mailbox, I dont see the any
other recipents in the GAL other than the site recipients?

Do I need to setup a Trust between DOMAIN2k and DOMAINA? Do I also
need to add in the DOMAIN2k\administrator at the site and config
levels in DOMAINA?

I tried setting up a CA between the exchange server in DOMAINA and the
Windows2000 server, but all it did was to create disabled user
accounts with mailboxes in the 2000 AD? I'm sure thats not how its
supposed to work, although the GAL at least had all the recpients

Any ideas, please?

Thanks

Martin

1. Multi site, multi domain, 5.5 and 2000 question

[...]

2. Exchange IMS

3. OWA & multi-site multi-domain

4. owa installation question

5. OWA in a multi site/multi domain

6. Macintosh Outlook Client?

7. Multi-Site vs Multi-Server/Single-Site via WAN

8. OWA + Cluster

9. Multi-sites, multi smtp connector and routing problem (continuation)

10. Multi-sites, multi smtp connector and routing problem

11. Multi-sites, multi smtp connector and rerouting problem

12. E2K ,E5.5 Multi Site Multi Org connection

13. Pop3 on a multi-site multi server environment