free spamfilter

Post by Benoit Boudevill » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 06:56:34

SPAM !

> Hi,
> just found an intelligent, server based SPAM Filter as Freeware on
> http://www.simtel.net/pub/pd/62696.html

> JF

free spamfilter

Post by Gary McDonnel » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 22:08:34

The really sad thing is that "James Foster" is Alfons, the person who wrote
the program. I don't understand why he feels compelled to push it this way.

Gary McDonnell

SPAM !

> Hi,
> just found an intelligent, server based SPAM Filter as Freeware on
> http://www.simtel.net/pub/pd/62696.html

> JF

free spamfilter

Post by Alfons Bierbau » Sun, 13 Jul 2003 08:03:49

not really ;-)
he is just a guy working with me .....

> The really sad thing is that "James Foster" is Alfons, the person who
wrote
> the program. I don't understand why he feels compelled to push it this
way.

> Gary McDonnell

> SPAM !

> > Hi,
> > just found an intelligent, server based SPAM Filter as Freeware on
> > http://www.simtel.net/pub/pd/62696.html

> > JF

free spamfilter

Post by Alfons Bierbau » Sun, 13 Jul 2003 08:04:10

;-)

> SPAM !

> > Hi,
> > just found an intelligent, server based SPAM Filter as Freeware on
> > http://www.simtel.net/pub/pd/62696.html

> > JF

free spamfilter

Post by Gary McDonnel » Sun, 13 Jul 2003 21:28:04

The evidence suggests otherwise. "Alfons" and "James" both posted a dozen or
so recommendations for your programs from the same dialin connection with
the same return email address to the same newsgroups within minutes on June
30th. And if "James" is "a guy working with you", as you say then he should
identifiy himself as such, not tell people he'd just "found" your program.
At the very least it is unethical to hide that connection.

Your behavior causes you to lack credibility. And quite frankly it makes me
suspicious of you and your motivations.

If you want to continue to pretend there is a James Foster you need to at
least invest a little more effort in faking his identity.

Gary McDonnell