Simple Mail Handler - Problem Uninstalling

Simple Mail Handler - Problem Uninstalling

Post by Montgomery N. Kosm » Tue, 01 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Howdy,

I installed the MS applet Simple Mail Handler into Outlook 97, and later
uninstalled.  Problem is this: I cannot remove the "Unread Messages"
folder!  I'm at my wit's end with this.  The menu items to delete the
folder are grayed out, the folder itself is showing about 78 "unread items"
which have been long since deleted, and I just want the thing to go away!
It looks like it's embedded itself into my "personal folders" file somehow.

--
Montgomery N. Kosma

Simple Mail Handler - Problem Uninstalling

Post by Vince Averello [MVP - Outlook » Tue, 01 Jul 1997 04:00:00

 I think you have to turn off the Unread Message folder option in the SMH
before you remove it. Some others have had the same problem as you and have
basically just exported all their messages to another PST file and then
started using the new PST as their main message store.

Montgomery N. Kosma wrote in article

Quote:>Howdy,

>I installed the MS applet Simple Mail Handler into Outlook 97, and later
>uninstalled.  Problem is this: I cannot remove the "Unread Messages"
>folder!  I'm at my wit's end with this.  The menu items to delete the
>folder are grayed out, the folder itself is showing about 78 "unread items"
>which have been long since deleted, and I just want the thing to go away!
>It looks like it's embedded itself into my "personal folders" file somehow.

1. Simple Mail Handler - Problem Uninstalling

Howdy,

I installed the MS applet Simple Mail Handler into Outlook 97, and later
uninstalled.  Problem is this: I cannot remove the "Unread Messages"
folder!  I'm at my wit's end with this.  The menu items to delete the
folder are grayed out, the folder itself is showing about 78 "unread items"
which have been long since deleted, and I just want the thing to go away!
It looks like it's embedded itself into my "personal folders" file somehow.

--
Montgomery N. Kosma

2. New mail notification from server side only

3. bricks level backup

4. Sharing .pst info using exchange 5.5

5. Simple/sample mail handler problem

6. problem with SMH (Simple Mail Handler) install

7. Simple mail handler won't route Internet Mail

8. smh.dll (simple mail handler) source code

9. How to filter using Simple Mail Handler???

10. Simple Mail Handler: Automated Response does not work