Import Outlook Contacts into Active Directory Contacts

Import Outlook Contacts into Active Directory Contacts

Post by Chri » Sat, 24 May 2003 00:44:03

I would like to import a list of contacts in my Outlook
2002 to a group in Active Directory.  Is this possible?
Or is there a way of exporting Outlook Contacts into AD
Contacts?

Import Outlook Contacts into Active Directory Contacts

Post by Shai Netane » Sat, 24 May 2003 05:01:51

Hi
you need to create a contact in active directory
(right click - new - contact )
for each user and add all contact to group

Regards
Shai Netanel

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I would like to import a list of contacts in my Outlook
>2002 to a group in Active Directory.  Is this possible?
>Or is there a way of exporting Outlook Contacts into AD
>Contacts?
>.

Import Outlook Contacts into Active Directory Contacts

Post by Joel » Sat, 24 May 2003 05:34:10

Export your contacts to a comma delimited text file (.CSV)
I'm not sure about Outlook 2002, but in Outlook 2000 you
can just choose "File> Import and Export> Export to a
file> Comma Separated Values> (choose your contacts)"
You will need to open the file up in Excel and do some
tweeking (or build a script to tweek it for you -my
preference would be to use Perl). The data must be in a
particular format, and the format depends on what tools
you want to use to import.
To import as contacts using the CSVDE utility see this
article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%
3Ben-us%3B300409
To import as contacts or a group use LDIFDE. See this
article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
scid=kb;EN-US;237677
If you haven't used these utilities before, you should
setup a test computer with AD and play around with doing
imports and exports to get a feel for it.
Also, you should probably test your import on a test
computer/network first. If you mess it up, it could be a
pain to clean up after it.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I would like to import a list of contacts in my Outlook
>2002 to a group in Active Directory.  Is this possible?
>Or is there a way of exporting Outlook Contacts into AD
>Contacts?
>.

1. Outlook Contact to create Active Directory Contact

Is there a way to create AD contacts mail enabled from within outlook ?

The reason of this question is :

I have to create some shared contacts across my society. The evident way is
to have a public folder where some users can create, modify and delete
contacts.

But I would prefer to create contacts in active directory, so that thoses
contacts would directly appear in the main address list without client
configuration.

(In fact, I don't understand why Microsoft has created two possible storages
for the same conceptual items "Contact")

thanks

2. Org name on Exchange 5.5

3. importing contacts into Active Directory from Outlook client

4. Strange entrys in SMTP log file

5. Importing outlook contacts into Exchange 2000 (Active Directory)??

6. extensionAttribute10=customerID ...???

7. Importing Contacts into Exchange 2000 / Active Directory

8. Forwarding email from Exchange 5.5

9. Outlook Contacts stored in Active Directory????