OL CW: Internet Free/Busy

Post by S. Hussain Akba » Fri, 31 Aug 2001 14:24:17

I am using OL2K in CW mode. So are people in other sister organizations.
Each have their own Exchange Server. No site connectors.

I published my free/busy info to a ftp server and got one person from
another org to do the same. However, meeting sheduler refuses to read the
info without giving any errors.

Browsing the Net shows that the Internet Free/Busy publishing only works in
IMO mode. Why??? Are there any alternates for CW mode users?

OL CW: Internet Free/Busy

Post by Hollis D. Pau » Fri, 31 Aug 2001 22:30:17

> Browsing the Net shows that the Internet Free/Busy publishing only works in
> IMO mode. Why??? Are there any alternates for CW mode users?

I asked the exchange pros and got two answers so far:

==============================
Have your e-mail administrators implement the interorg synchronization tools
available form Microsoft which will replicate directory information and free
busy information between organizations.

========================

Yeah, site connectors!!

========================

 Hollis D. Paul [MVP - Outlook]

 Using Virtual Access 4.52 build 277 (32-bit), Windows 2000 build 2195
 http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?FR=0&SD=TECH&LN=EN-US

 Mukilteo, WA  USA

OL CW: Internet Free/Busy

Post by S. Hussain Akba » Tue, 04 Sep 2001 19:44:24

I AM the admin for my local site. If only the admin at the remote site was
savvy enough to use site connector or interorg....

That's why I am trying to get the Internet Free/Busy to work. BTW, it works
in OL XP

Hussain

OL CW: Internet Free/Busy

Post by Hollis D. Pau » Tue, 04 Sep 2001 16:34:35

> I AM the admin for my local site. If only the admin at the remote site was
> savvy enough to use site connector or interorg....

> That's why I am trying to get the Internet Free/Busy to work. BTW, it works
> in OL XP

You are in luck, maybe.  There was a third answer, that may help you more.
======================
Hi,

As Chris said: The Tool is one solution.

What I dont understand is why the FTP-thing doesnt work.

Normally you create a contact for the remote person and fill in the place
where Outlook should look for free/busy information.

Then, if you create an appointment use the contact (not the GAL Entry) and it
should work.

Of course,  FTP-Port should be open.

OL2000 in CW can do this at least with a network-share. I explicitly tested
this.

The URL type for Network-Shares is:

File://\\<server>\<share>\<fre-busy-file>.vfb

I didnt test the FTP-Share.
=============================

 Hollis D. Paul [MVP - Outlook]

 Using Virtual Access 4.52 build 277 (32-bit), Windows 2000 build 2195
 http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?FR=0&SD=TECH&LN=EN-US

 Mukilteo, WA  USA

1. EX 2003 / OL 2003 Resource free/busy

BACKGROUND INFO - Exchange Server Enterprise 2003 /
Outlook 2003 (New install, no upgrade or migration) The
Server is running on Windows Server 2003 (std)

We've set up our resources so that they:
        - "automatically accept meeting requests and
process cancellations"
        - users have "Author" permission (via a Universal
Security Group that is mail-enabled)
        - The Free/busy options are set to publish 2
months (some we've set higher) and update every 2 minutes.

User "A" creates a new meeting request, invites 2 or 3
other Users (required attendees) and 2 resources
(projector and laptop). Sends the request and immediately
gets the "your resources have been successful booked"
dialog box.

Within minutes User "A" receives "accepted" replies from
the 2-3 other Users. Users "A" can go to the "schedule"
tab on the Meeting Request and the Attendees free/busy
info is displayed accurately for the all Users. The
resources free/busy, however DOES NOT display correctly
(shows as free).

Opening the resource's calendar will verify that the
Meeting Request was received (and auto-accepted) by the
resource.

If Any User tries to book another meeting using that same
resource during the same time, they will receive a report
that the resource is UNAVAILABLE, but yet the free/busy
continues to show up as "free". Occasionally it will show
up later (30 minutes to 2 hours) but most did not show up
at all.

If the Meeting Organizer opens the Meeting Request, makes
NO changes, clicks "send updates" the free/busy
information for the Resource immediately shows up
accurately for that event only.

We've tried open all Resources with the /cleanfreebusy
switch....no help.

Help!  What am I doing wrong?

2. I just need mail server...

3. Free / Busy Exchange ( SEND / RECIEVE Free/Busy Information ) problems

4. Recover from transaction logs only

5. Lost my Free/Busy database (Schedule+ Free and Busy public folder)

6. Moved mailbox not deleted

7. Free/Busy Info on the internet

8. Problem forwarding attachments through Exchange 5.5 with Outlook 2000

9. Internet-Email and Exchange in one Profile in Outlook CW Mode

10. Working with Internet E-mail in CW mode

11. Contacts from Internet Only to CW

12. CW - email via Internet Browser

13. Contact from Internet Only to CW damaged