Bulk sser accounts creation...........please help.......

Bulk sser accounts creation...........please help.......

Post by Os » Tue, 11 Mar 2003 18:51:05

Hi pple,

Need some help on creating bulk email accounts. I have
setup a news Win2k Server with Exch2k with 500 users. I
have a task of creating these users on the server with
their Win2k acct and mailbox.

I would like to ask does anyone have a sample
script/sources which I can do a bulk import ti create the
AD account with the users login and full details address
etc....and also create the Exch2k mailbox. I know ldifde
can do it but doesn't have the full features/functions I
required

And similar how can a do a bulk import of contacts into
Exch2k..........

regards,

Os

Can anyone please help so that I can save myself hours of
work.........

Bulk sser accounts creation...........please help.......

Post by Cary Shult » Thu, 13 Mar 2003 00:50:50

Howdy!

I was going to suggest LDIFDE.  How does that not work for
you?  I am not trying to pry, just trying to learn.  I
have used LDIFDE many times and it works perfectly.

Thanks,

Cary

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi pple,

>Need some help on creating bulk email accounts. I have
>setup a news Win2k Server with Exch2k with 500 users. I
>have a task of creating these users on the server with
>their Win2k acct and mailbox.

>I would like to ask does anyone have a sample
>script/sources which I can do a bulk import ti create the
>AD account with the users login and full details address
>etc....and also create the Exch2k mailbox. I know ldifde
>can do it but doesn't have the full features/functions I
>required

>And similar how can a do a bulk import of contacts into
>Exch2k..........

>regards,

>Os

>Can anyone please help so that I can save myself hours of
>work.........
>.

Bulk sser accounts creation...........please help.......

Post by Os » Thu, 13 Mar 2003 17:11:33

Cary,

I have tried it with the LDIFDE utlilty it did some of the
functions but I can't seem to be able to find the field
names for each of the fields in AD. ie. users account
name, address, department, location etc.........

Do you have any information on the field names to use when
I do an import with LDIFDE so that I can fill in all the
AD details..............

thanks for your response

Os

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Howdy!

>I was going to suggest LDIFDE.  How does that not work
for
>you?  I am not trying to pry, just trying to learn.  I
>have used LDIFDE many times and it works perfectly.

>Thanks,

>Cary

Post by Cary Shult » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 00:18:11

Sure, there are some *easy* ones and then there are some
that are not so easy.  If you are familiar with ADSIEdit
you could take a look in there ( I suggest that you ALWAYS
install the WIN2000 Server Support Tools ) to see what the
AD "names" are.

Here is a way to find them if you do not have any other
in EVERY box ( user name, first name, address, phone
number, et al ).  Then, you can export the contents of AD
to an .ldf file.  Then simply look for that test user and
you will have the field names as they are called.

Here is a sample .ldf text file that you could use.  Let's
assume that you are creating this for a user named Nikki
K. Taylor, she works as a TEMP in the Accounting
Department ( you put all of your users in the
corresponding Organizational Unit ) at a Company called
WIDGETS, Inc. located in Richmond, *ia and the domain
name is windgets.com:

DN: cn=Nikki K. Taylor,ou=Accounting,dc=widgets,dc=com
changeType: add
objectClass: user
sAMAccountName: nktaylor
displayName: Nikki K. Taylor
givenName: Nikki
initials: K
sn: Taylor
streetAddress: 12345 Main Street
l: Richmond
st: VA
postalCode: 23642
c: US
co: United States
countryCode: 840
telephoneNumber: 703.555.1212
title: Temp
department: Accouting
userAccountControl: 512 ( although I have used 66048 )
mailNickname: nktaylor

That would be an example.  You can do a Google.com search
for "ldifde" for more information.

By the way - some of those field names look funny.  For
example, in "telephoneNumber" is the "N" really upper
case?  Yes.  These field names are as they appear.  And
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE test this in a lab environment before
using on a production Domain Controller!!!!!

HTH,

Cary

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Cary,

>I have tried it with the LDIFDE utlilty it did some of
the
>functions but I can't seem to be able to find the field
>names for each of the fields in AD. ie. users account
>name, address, department, location etc.........

>Do you have any information on the field names to use
when
>I do an import with LDIFDE so that I can fill in all the
>AD details..............

>thanks for your response

>Os

Post by Os » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 17:12:11

Cary,

thanks alot for your help..............much
appreciated...;-)

Os