Using an SQL database to populate Public Address Books w/Outlook Clients

Using an SQL database to populate Public Address Books w/Outlook Clients

Post by -The_D » Sat, 28 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Looking for some guidance or help in making a link to the Exchange Server 5.0
to allow me to use a business app for filling in the Address Books with an ODBC
link.

Thx in advance

Using an SQL database to populate Public Address Books w/Outlook Clients

Post by Dennis Brazil [MVP, MCP - Exchange/TCPI » Sun, 29 Jun 1997 04:00:00

global address book cannot be updated via the client.
Its all done at the server

You would need DAPI and some c++ programming for that.  See the Backoffice
SDK for more details.

>Looking for some guidance or help in making a link to the Exchange Server 5.0
>to allow me to use a business app for filling in the Address Books with an ODBC
>link.

>Thx in advance

--------------------------
The opinions expressed in this message are my own and do
not reflect the official views of NetiQ Corporation.
--------------------------
Dennis Brazil
[Microsoft MVP, MCP-Exchange, TCP/IP]

1. Populate Public Address Book from database table?

Can anyone tell me how to populate an Exchange Server Public Address Book
from a SQL Server 7.0 or Oracle 7.3.x database table?

The table would contain e-mail usernames which could simply populate the
Public Address Book directly. All e-mail names would exist on the Exchange
Server.

Anyone help?

E-mail please in addition to response if you can help!

Thanks!

Geof Shorter
Oracle Certified Professional DBA
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer + Internet

2. Hide the custom recipient icon

3. Using SQL has a Personal Address Book within Outlook

4. how to run/create mailboxes from a remote location ?

5. BIG PROBLEM WITH THE EXCHANGE 2000

6. Exchange Address Book from SQL Database

7. SMTP Problem

8. Using Outlook Contacts as Address Book in Address Book View

9. Outlook form using SQL database

10. Update Exchange Server Address Book using SQL

11. populate outlook form with SQL data

12. Extract data from Outlook public folders to SQL database