how to get rid of Newsgroups from Exchange

how to get rid of Newsgroups from Exchange

Post by Mark Farrugi » Sun, 25 Nov 2001 02:51:01

Hello all.

I setup a nntp feed, and the feed went and downloaded all of the groups from
the news server.  there are no messages, just groups.  Now when I go into
Outlook 2000 and view the Public Folders/Internet Newsgroups they are all
there.  I would leave them, however there are some that are not appropriate
for a corporate server.  This server is going to go live an about a week...
so if someone can tell me a way of removing all the groups from Exchange 2K
without having to delete each one individually through the system manager
... it would be greatly appreciated.

I also tried to setup an expiration policy for the newsgroups, however it
only removes articles and not groups.

I also tried to set age limits on the public store of 1 day.. however it did
not remove the groups for me either.

So to sum it up.. I need a method of purging all newsgroups downloaded from
the news server in Exchange 2000.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best Regards

Mark.

1. Getting rid of newsgroup folders

I have Exchange server 5.5 (trial version) working in a testing environment
and installed the newsserver (using msnews.microsoft.com) newsfeed.
My problem now is I can't get rid of it.  All of the folders in my public
folders section refuse to be deleted.  When I select them there is no delete
option and when I select the group and get the delete option, the advice box
comes up and says "That object no longer exists"
Thanks in advance for the help.

Rod

2. Strange error message - yet all seems okay..

3. Getting Rid of a Newsgroup/Newsfeed

4. how do you keep AD structure secret?

5. Getting rid of Exchange 5.5 Bridgehead

6. POP3 to Exchange email account

7. getting rid of exchange server

8. Extract info from Priv.edb

9. Getting rid of Inheritance in the Security Descriptor for Exchange

10. He: newby - Getting rid of password boxes when acessing exchange server

11. Getting rid of open relay on Exchange 5.5

12. Getting rid of RightFax from Exchange

13. Can't get rid of the Internet Newsgroups public folder