Small Problem with my Replication Part 2

Small Problem with my Replication Part 2

Post by Ken Dippol » Sun, 21 Jul 2002 00:44:09

Ok I followed Nino (MS) directions to clean up the flags on my 5.5 Server

Q319474 XADM: How to Remove the ADC Global Names Attribute from Exchange
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q319474

Now only 18 of my 60 users Replicated after I did this, the other 42 did
not..

I am getting errors in my event log from the ADC trying to replicate some of
the 18 users that are already replicated, but thats it.... Any Ideas??

Thanks
Ken Dippold

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Sun, 21 Jul 2002 10:34:16

>Ok I followed Nino (MS) directions to clean up the flags on my 5.5 Server

>Q319474 XADM: How to Remove the ADC Global Names Attribute from Exchange
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q319474

The KB says "Use the ~DEL key . . .". I don't know what is meant byt
"key" in this case, but I hope that you simply replaced the contents
of the column with the string "~DEL"! Doing /that/ will delete the
contnts of the corresponding property when you import the CSV.

Quote:>Now only 18 of my 60 users Replicated after I did this, the other 42 did
>not..

Does this mean that you removed the users from the Active Directory
and that only 18 of them wer recreated as disabled mailbox-enabled
users? Or did you remove the ADC-Global-Names from the AD and the 5.5
dirctory?

Quote:>I am getting errors in my event log from the ADC trying to replicate some of
>the 18 users that are already replicated, but thats it.... Any Ideas??

Why are there errors? The ADC should only replicate when there's a
change in the source object.

And what errors are you seeing for the users that have not replicated?
If you make a change to the 5.5 object, does it replicate to the AD?
If not, why not?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Small Problem with my Replication Part 2

Post by Ken Dippol » Wed, 24 Jul 2002 23:26:49

I installed SP3 and everything works fine now :)

Thanks for all of your help :)

Quote:> Ok I followed Nino (MS) directions to clean up the flags on my 5.5 Server

> Q319474 XADM: How to Remove the ADC Global Names Attribute from Exchange
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q319474

> Now only 18 of my 60 users Replicated after I did this, the other 42 did
> not..

> I am getting errors in my event log from the ADC trying to replicate some
of
> the 18 users that are already replicated, but thats it.... Any Ideas??

> Thanks
> Ken Dippold

1. Small Problem with my Replication Part 2

Ok I followed Nino (MS) directions to clean up the flags on my 5.5 Server

Q319474 XADM: How to Remove the ADC Global Names Attribute from Exchange
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q319474

Now only 18 of my 60 users Replicated after I did this, the other 42 did
not..

I am getting errors in my event log from the ADC trying to replicate some of
the 18 users that are already replicated, but thats it.... Any Ideas??

Thanks
Ken Dippold

2. Offline folder problem

3. Delay in sending mail

4. Have a Small Problem with my Replication

5. Book Recommendation

6. Decomision Exch. 5.5 server with no connectivity.

7. Exchange Server v Exchange Server as part of Small Business Server

8. Users: Small Business User, Small Business Power User and Small Business Admini

9. AD part replication (wanted)

10. design help-small bus. with several small branches