Moving Public Folders

Post by Gary » Sat, 26 Oct 2002 21:02:56

Hi All,

I have just upgraded our system from SBS 4.5 to SBS2000 and as a result
moved from exchange 5.5 to 2000.

Everything appears to have gone ok, but for the fact that we've lost all our
public folder from 5.5. These folders contained a large amount of contact
addresses for our outlook clients.

How do I get them back? we no longer have a running version of 5.5 but I do
have a full copy of our drives, so I can sell "get at" the old files.

Any help or pointers to info would be great

Regards
Gary T

Moving Public Folders

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Sat, 26 Oct 2002 22:48:07

How did you do the upgrade?

Quote:> Hi All,

> I have just upgraded our system from SBS 4.5 to SBS2000 and as a result
> moved from exchange 5.5 to 2000.

> Everything appears to have gone ok, but for the fact that we've lost all
our
> public folder from 5.5. These folders contained a large amount of contact
> addresses for our outlook clients.

> How do I get them back? we no longer have a running version of 5.5 but I
do
> have a full copy of our drives, so I can sell "get at" the old files.

> Any help or pointers to info would be great

> Regards
> Gary T

1. Moving Public Folders

II am testing out ES 5.5 and am currently running 4.0. They are on different
servers, and in different domains.
I want to move over the 4.0 Public Folders that I have but cannot figure out
how. Inside the PFs are mainly posts and one LARGE public calendar. I don't
want to lose any of this info, and need to see how everything fits inside of
the new 5.5 structure.

Is this possible? I can't find any docs on it.

Thanks in advance.

2. Restoring databases on a new test server.

3. Please help; Moving public folders to new server

4. Exchange services stop unexpectedly

5. Moving Public Folders

6. ISINTEG - alltests question

7. Moving Public Folders to another server

8. Exchange 2000 OWA serving 2 child domains.

9. Move Public Folders from 5.5 to 2k

10. Move public folders inter-org?

11. Last Step: Need to move public folders off first server to new one

12. Move Public Folder

13. Move Public Folders between 2 organisations