Creating a MIME Header for a digitally Signed message

Creating a MIME Header for a digitally Signed message

Post by Thyro » Sat, 17 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I have developed an exchange client for Outlook '97 to digitally sign (and
encrypt) outgoing messages.  However, when my encrypted messages are
received by Outlook '98 / Outlook Express, they are not recognised as being
digitally signed because the MIME header content type dose not indicate that
the message has being signed.

E.g.  The PR_SECURITY property (requesting additional security for the
message) can be set SECURITY_SIGNED or ECURITY_ENCRYPTED. However, there are
a few more properties (to many to include here.)  How do I set the content
properties / Message options to indicate that the message is digitally
signed?

You help will be very much appreciated.

Ahmed.

1. Creating a MIME Header for a digitally Signed message

I have developed an exchange client for Outlook '97 to digitally sign (and
encrypt) outgoing messages.  However, when my encrypted messages are
received by Outlook '98 / Outlook Express, they are not recognised as being
digitally signed because the MIME header content type dose not indicate that
the message has being signed.

E.g.  The PR_SECURITY property (requesting additional security for the
message) can be set SECURITY_SIGNED or ECURITY_ENCRYPTED. However, there are
a few more properties (to many to include here.)  How do I set the content
properties / Message options to indicate that the message is digitally
signed?

You help will be very much appreciated.

Ahmed.

2. Help: CC Recipients keep bouncing back???

3. Possible to digitally sign single fields inside a message

4. New item automation

5. Webmail and Digitally Signed messages

6. Multiple instance of Mailbox Data?

7. OWA digitally signed messages

8. HELP !!! - exchange and dial-up networking

9. Client cannot digitally sign and encrypt messages

10. OWA: Unable to read digitally signed/encrypted messages

11. Digitally Signing Messages does not Work *HELP*

12. Is OWA able to send a digitally signed email

13. Routing and Digitally Signing Documents?