Large Message in Messgae Store - Need Deleted

Large Message in Messgae Store - Need Deleted

Post by Adam Kor » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 00:19:41

One of our users sent out a company wide email that
contained a 100 meg attachment.

Is there a way to delete this message from the Message
Store, instead of having every user having to delete the
message through Outlook, which of course is killing
Exchange.

THanks for the help in Advance

Large Message in Messgae Store - Need Deleted

Post by Matt Richoux [MSFT » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 02:19:55

You can use Exmerge to remove the message either by subject or attachment
name:

328202 HOW TO: Remove a Virus-Infected Message from Mailboxes by Using the
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=328202

--
Matt Richoux
Exchange Support

Please do NOT reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup
purposes only.

Quote:> One of our users sent out a company wide email that
> contained a 100 meg attachment.

> Is there a way to delete this message from the Message
> Store, instead of having every user having to delete the
> message through Outlook, which of course is killing
> Exchange.

> THanks for the help in Advance

1. Outlook Hangs when Deleting Messages from message store

So much for the Knowledge base on this one...
When exiting from the Outlook mail client (any version)
if a user has the option selected to delete messages from
deleted message folder upon exiting, they process hangs,
showing the deleting messages dialog, but results in task
not responding and the "three finger solute". When stored
as a local pst this does not fail.

Additionally, messages can only MANUALLY be deleted one-by-
one form that folder or the sent messages folder.

Exchange admin Consistency check runs fine, and no
connectivity issues seem to exist (this time).

Other than that, everything else works flawless.
Especially sending & receiving.

2. sending but can't receive

3. Deleting a message in Inbox deletes all other unread messages in Inbox

4. Old folder apps vs. Outlook

5. Deleted messages, deleted item retention time, and recovering deleted items

6. Address Book View

7. Deleting Messages from an offline store (Exchange 2000)

8. find a folder in exchange

9. restore of deleted messages in a public store

10. need to delete the default virtual smtp server/messages

11. Need to set up a relay to store messages and route later

12. How to delete duplicate mail messages from the store

13. Accessing and Deleting messages in mailbox store