offline defrag, please please help

Post by Simo » Thu, 17 Oct 2002 11:23:07

Hello

I am currently running an offline defrag (because of some random checksum
errors on our streaming file and have been advised to) it has got to 41% but
has been* there for over an hour. Is this usual?

How long should an offline defrag take, the info store is approx 7gb.

I am in the UK (its 3 am approx) and the office starts work at 8ish if i
have to cancel this defrag will the whole db be in a complete mess?

I would really appreciate any advice on this.

offline defrag, please please help

Post by Gary McDonnel » Thu, 17 Oct 2002 16:23:44

Something's not right. Cancel it and start over another time. A 7GB store
should take about 2 to 4 hours.

/gary mcdonnell
---------------

Hello

I am currently running an offline defrag (because of some random checksum
errors on our streaming file and have been advised to) it has got to 41% but
has been* there for over an hour. Is this usual?

How long should an offline defrag take, the info store is approx 7gb.

I am in the UK (its 3 am approx) and the office starts work at 8ish if i
have to cancel this defrag will the whole db be in a complete mess?

I would really appreciate any advice on this.

offline defrag, please please help

Post by Nitin Shuk » Thu, 17 Oct 2002 23:22:33

I am not sure if you've already cancelled. But its highly recommended that
you DO NOT cancel an offline defrag in progress because it can render the
database inconsistent. As far as time required ..speed it 2 GB per hour on
in the vicinity.

The reason for the hang could be that its finding a lot of things which its
correcting or rebuilding, doesn't mean that its gone into a unresponsive
state.
Nitin Shukla [MS]

Exchange Support

Please do NOT reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup
purposes only.
--------------------

Subject: offline defrag, please please help
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 03:23:07 +0100

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange2000.information.store

Hello

I am currently running an offline defrag (because of some random checksum
errors on our streaming file and have been advised to) it has got to 41% but
has been* there for over an hour. Is this usual?

How long should an offline defrag take, the info store is approx 7gb.

I am in the UK (its 3 am approx) and the office starts work at 8ish if i
have to cancel this defrag will the whole db be in a complete mess?

I would really appreciate any advice on this.

1. BIG PROBLEMS Please Help Please Help Please Help Please Help

2 days ago I had a Hard Drive crash on my exchange server <<<< no big deal
it was Raid 5
but after some inspection I found that the RAID backplane was screwed so a
discussion was made to create a new server and put Exchange on it.
No big Deal, configured the server renamed the old on server which was SPOCK
to SPOCK1 named the new server SPOCK now SPOCK1 is/was a BDC the new Spock
is not E-mail is up and running fine but I have noticed some residual
problems. Anywhere I had given a local group access to a mailbox they can no
longer see it. It tells them that no do not have permission to view the
mailbox. Any Ideas? please this has me stumped
If I need to make this a BDC is there any way to make a normal server a BDC
with having to completely reinstall?

Please help

2. Installation

3. Please help, PLEASE PLEASE

4. CDO, Server Scripting Agents, and WorkFlow Solutions using Routing Objects

5. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

6. exchange 5.5 database

7. Distribution List Help Please Help Please Help

8. temporary removal of a server

9. PLEASE HELP me with offline address book

10. Help with Offline Address Books and Address Book Views please

11. Connecting Offline (Please Help!!)

12. Offline address book problem, please help

13. Fail to generate offline address book..please help