CIM and the WMI

Post by Mike » Sat, 22 Mar 2003 05:49:05

We have Compaq Proliant servers running W2K and E2K.  CIM
and WMI are both loaded on the server.  We get messages
like the one below:

MemoryState (CIM_UINT8) ==> 0 (0x0)

MemoryStateString (CIM_STRING) ==> "Unknown"

Name (CIM_STRING) ==> "USHQEX04"

QueuesState (CIM_UINT8) ==> 1 (0x1)

The fact that the MemoryStateString is reporting "Unknown"
throughts our monitoring system into an error condition.
Does anyone know if there is a way to stop these errors
from occuring?  What state is causing the "Unknown" status
to occur?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Mike Bartlett

1. Accessing WMI data using WMI Tools

I am trying to access WMI management data from Exchange
2000 using WMI Tools. I can see the Exchange classes under

root/CIMV2/applications/Exchange

but when I attempt to view the data in these classes I get
an error saying that the data is not available.

Does this data collection/publication need to switched on
in Exchange, if so where.

Any help greatly appreciated.

2. E2K SP1 and OWA Free/Busy

3. A problem invoking a WMI method in C++

4. MTA Security Violation error

5. WMI Script

6. SMTP kill my whole bandwidth

7. WMI ADAP failed ... the following error: 0x8004100e

8. Key Manager Where ?

9. Event 9097and WMI

10. Monitoring Exchange with WMI

11. Error Code (from WMI) Exchange Server Information Store

12. Problem connecting to Exchange using WMI

13. The MAD Monitoring thread was unable to connect to WMI,