Messages slow to leave Outbox!

Post by Ben Winzen » Fri, 22 Nov 2002 01:00:54

Does the message leave the outbox if you click on another folder?  If it is
a UDP problem, it's not that the message didn't get sent - it did.  It's
that the Outlook client didn't refresh it's view (done via UDP) to tell the
folder to show that the message is no longer in the outbox.  Clicking on
another folder initiates a connection to the Exchange server (not UDP), and
a manual refresh of the folder views.  Otherwise, I believe that the server
initiates the connection every 60 seconds?

--
Ben Winzenz
Network Engineer

Quote:> When sending mail from any of our Outlook 2000 clients,

Post by ppoin.. » Fri, 22 Nov 2002 03:23:53

> When sending mail from any of our Outlook 2000 clients,
> the mail sits in the Outbox for a period of up to 90
> seconds. This doesn't always happen - it happens randomly
> throughout the day at peak and off-peak times.

What is the behavior if you hit the send/receive button?

1. Slow to leave Outbox....

Since LoveBug forced an unplanned Exchange 5.5sp3 u/g, and Groupshield
Exchange 4.5, we have had users complain about how (sometimes) emails
take AGES to be delivered.

We are talking about 5 mins on a single site single server system with
60 users!

Any ideas where to start looking?

(Performance counters are all very low.  Not really under load.)

BPup

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. ldap questions

3. Collaboration Data Objects(messages dosn't leave outbox)

4. How to form the OWA2000

5. Message do not leave Outbox

6. Change Reply on the fly in an Exchange environment

7. Collaboration Data Objects(messages dosn't leave outbox)

8. Bounced messages

9. Unable to get messages to leave Outbox

10. mail not leaving the outbox

11. Mail Won't Leave Outbox

12. Mail want leave Outbox